Apr 16, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
After averaging 10.4 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.4 blocked shots per game as a sophomore, New Mexico State center Sim Bhullar was named to the WAC’s All-Defensive team. Named Most Outstanding Player of the 2013 WAC tournament, the 7-foot-5 Bhullar was a key figure in two NCAA tournament trips for Marvin Menzies’ Aggies.
According to multiple reports, Bhullar will forego his final two seasons of eligibility and turn pro. In two seasons at New Mexico State Bhullar played an average of 25.3 minutes per game, and the “shelf life” for a player of his size (he was listed at 360 pounds) can be noticeably shorter than that of smaller players.
Bhullar shot 64.8% from the field as a sophomore (63.3% for his career), and his best performance of the season was a 24-point, 14-rebound, five-block outing in New Mexico State’s WAC quarterfinal victory over Seattle.
Draft Express currently ranks Bhullar as the 75th best player amongst college sophomores, and he isn’t projected to be selected in June’s NBA Draft.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)