Apr 17, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
There will be another in-season tournament in 2014, with the Emerald Coast Classic taking place this November. On Thursday Global Sports, the group running the event, announced the eight-team field with 2014 NCAA tournament participants Cincinnati and Creighton being the headliners.
“We are extremely excited about being in the Emerald Coast Classic this November,” Cincinnati head coach Mick Cronin said in the release. “We have been in a number of multi-team events with Global Sports in the past and I am sure that Maury and his staff will put together a tremendous event.”
Also in the four-team group that will meet in the semifinals on November 28 at Northwest Florida State College are Ole Miss and Middle Tennessee. In one semifinal Cincinnati, which won a share of the American Athletic Conference regular season title, will take on Middle Tennessee with Creighton and Ole Miss matching up in the other semifinal.
The tournament concludes November 29, with the semifinal winners meeting for the title and the other two semifinalists meeting in the third place game. Also participating in the event are Eastern Illinois, North Carolina Central (which represented the MEAC in the NCAA tournament), Northern Arizona and Southern.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1