Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
A week after being arrested twice on the same day, former Missouri forward Zach Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith (who’s likely on his way to Tulsa). Among the issues for Price were charges of suspicion of assault and domestic assault, with former teammate Earnest Ross and Ross’ girlfriend the alleged victims.
That situation would also result in Ross filing an order of protection against Price, with a hearing on the matter scheduled for Thursday.
But according to a story by Megan Armstrong of the Columbia Missourian, while Price and his attorney showed up to the courthouse Ross did not. And as a result, the hearing and the order of protection Ross received were thrown out.
Price’s attorney, Patrick Eng, stated in the story that the allegations are false and while Thursday’s development is a positive one for his client it does not mean the case is completely resolved. According to the story the prosecutor has yet to open the case, so the waiting continues for Price.
“My client was summoned to be in court to answer to Mr. Ross’ allegations of what happened,” Eng said. “We were ready there to do that, and he did not show up and that did not happen. So, it’s dismissed.
“We are obviously thankful that that didn’t happen, but we were ready and willing and able to dispute everything that was alleged in there. Everything.”
What’s next in this case? Clearly that’s a question neither side seems to have the answer to at this point in time.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)