Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
A week after being arrested twice on the same day, former Missouri forward Zach Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith (who’s likely on his way to Tulsa). Among the issues for Price were charges of suspicion of assault and domestic assault, with former teammate Earnest Ross and Ross’ girlfriend the alleged victims.
That situation would also result in Ross filing an order of protection against Price, with a hearing on the matter scheduled for Thursday.
But according to a story by Megan Armstrong of the Columbia Missourian, while Price and his attorney showed up to the courthouse Ross did not. And as a result, the hearing and the order of protection Ross received were thrown out.
Price’s attorney, Patrick Eng, stated in the story that the allegations are false and while Thursday’s development is a positive one for his client it does not mean the case is completely resolved. According to the story the prosecutor has yet to open the case, so the waiting continues for Price.
“My client was summoned to be in court to answer to Mr. Ross’ allegations of what happened,” Eng said. “We were ready there to do that, and he did not show up and that did not happen. So, it’s dismissed.
“We are obviously thankful that that didn’t happen, but we were ready and willing and able to dispute everything that was alleged in there. Everything.”
What’s next in this case? Clearly that’s a question neither side seems to have the answer to at this point in time.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)