Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
A week after being arrested twice on the same day, former Missouri forward Zach Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith (who’s likely on his way to Tulsa). Among the issues for Price were charges of suspicion of assault and domestic assault, with former teammate Earnest Ross and Ross’ girlfriend the alleged victims.
That situation would also result in Ross filing an order of protection against Price, with a hearing on the matter scheduled for Thursday.
But according to a story by Megan Armstrong of the Columbia Missourian, while Price and his attorney showed up to the courthouse Ross did not. And as a result, the hearing and the order of protection Ross received were thrown out.
Price’s attorney, Patrick Eng, stated in the story that the allegations are false and while Thursday’s development is a positive one for his client it does not mean the case is completely resolved. According to the story the prosecutor has yet to open the case, so the waiting continues for Price.
“My client was summoned to be in court to answer to Mr. Ross’ allegations of what happened,” Eng said. “We were ready there to do that, and he did not show up and that did not happen. So, it’s dismissed.
“We are obviously thankful that that didn’t happen, but we were ready and willing and able to dispute everything that was alleged in there. Everything.”
What’s next in this case? Clearly that’s a question neither side seems to have the answer to at this point in time.
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 0
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)