Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
A week after being arrested twice on the same day, former Missouri forward Zach Price was dismissed from the team by head coach Frank Haith (who’s likely on his way to Tulsa). Among the issues for Price were charges of suspicion of assault and domestic assault, with former teammate Earnest Ross and Ross’ girlfriend the alleged victims.
That situation would also result in Ross filing an order of protection against Price, with a hearing on the matter scheduled for Thursday.
But according to a story by Megan Armstrong of the Columbia Missourian, while Price and his attorney showed up to the courthouse Ross did not. And as a result, the hearing and the order of protection Ross received were thrown out.
Price’s attorney, Patrick Eng, stated in the story that the allegations are false and while Thursday’s development is a positive one for his client it does not mean the case is completely resolved. According to the story the prosecutor has yet to open the case, so the waiting continues for Price.
“My client was summoned to be in court to answer to Mr. Ross’ allegations of what happened,” Eng said. “We were ready there to do that, and he did not show up and that did not happen. So, it’s dismissed.
“We are obviously thankful that that didn’t happen, but we were ready and willing and able to dispute everything that was alleged in there. Everything.”
What’s next in this case? Clearly that’s a question neither side seems to have the answer to at this point in time.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)