Apr 17, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
Jordan Adams will be returning to UCLA for his junior season, according to multiple reports on Thursday afternoon. He was projected as the No. 24 pick in the 2014 draft, according to Draft Express.
“I’ve had so much fun playing here at UCLA, and I’m really excited about the team we’re going to have next year,” Adams said in a statement. “Once the season ended, my family and I began carefully weighing all of my options. In the end, staying at UCLA for my junior year is a win-win situation. I’m glad that I went through the process, received constructive feedback and had time to reflect on what I truly want. I love being a Bruin. I’m looking forward to getting back in the gym and the weight room to get better, and I can’t wait for next season.”
Adams averaged 17.4 points, 5.3 boards and 2.6 steals as a sophomore for the Bruins, flying under the radar as one of the nation’s most underrated players. With Kyle Anderson and Zach Lavine both declaring for the the draft, getting Adams to return to school was vital for head coach Steve Alford, as Adams will head into next season shouldering the load of UCLA’s offense.
The Bruins should be one of Arizona’s biggest contenders next season, along with Oregon. Norman Powell, Tony Parker and Bryce Alford are all returning to UCLA as well, but the real key here is that the Bruins have a loaded freshman class coming in. In addition to five-star power forward Kevin Looney and four-star recruits Thomas Welsh (center) and Jonah Bolden (small forward), the Bruins will be getting Isaac Hamilton, a top 15 recruit from the Class of 2013, eligible next season.
With Adams returning to school and Jabari Parker heading to the NBA, the biggest names (listed here) that we’re still waiting to hear from are the Harrison twins, DeAndre Daniels and Mitch McGary.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)