Apr 17, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Rodney Hood will be entering the NBA Draft, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
This decision is not in the least bit surprising, as most have expected Hood to make this decision all along. After Duke’s loss to Mercer in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski told reporters, in reference to Hood, “I wish we had him for more than one year.”
Hood averaged 16.3 points and 4.2 boards while shooting 40.8% from three on the season, which was actually his third year at the college level. He played at Mississippi State as a freshman, averaging 10.8 points, before transferring to Duke in the wake of Renardo Sidney’s tenure with the Bulldogs. Hood sat out the 2012-2013 season.
He is projected to be the No. 22 pick in the draft, according to Draft Express.
Duke will be just fine without Hood. They add a loaded recruiting class, headlined by Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor, and return guys like Rasheed Sulaimon, Amile Jefferson and Quinn Cook. They were No. 2 in our Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 with the assumption that Hood, and Jabari Parker, who declared for the draft today as well, were bound for the league.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)