Apr 17, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
Rodney Hood will be entering the NBA Draft, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
This decision is not in the least bit surprising, as most have expected Hood to make this decision all along. After Duke’s loss to Mercer in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski told reporters, in reference to Hood, “I wish we had him for more than one year.”
Hood averaged 16.3 points and 4.2 boards while shooting 40.8% from three on the season, which was actually his third year at the college level. He played at Mississippi State as a freshman, averaging 10.8 points, before transferring to Duke in the wake of Renardo Sidney’s tenure with the Bulldogs. Hood sat out the 2012-2013 season.
He is projected to be the No. 22 pick in the draft, according to Draft Express.
Duke will be just fine without Hood. They add a loaded recruiting class, headlined by Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor, and return guys like Rasheed Sulaimon, Amile Jefferson and Quinn Cook. They were No. 2 in our Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 with the assumption that Hood, and Jabari Parker, who declared for the draft today as well, were bound for the league.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)