Chicago duo Jahlil Okafor, Cliff Alexander earn MVP honors as East beats West in Jordan Brand Classic
Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
The Jordan Brand Classic was dominated by minimal defense and a duo of Chicago natives on Friday night as the East topped the West, 158-147, in the annual high school basketball all-star contest played at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
East MVP and Duke commit Jahlil Okafor finished the game with a game-high 29 points to go along with nine rebounds while West MVP and Kansas commit Cliff Alexander finished with 23 points, eight rebounds and five blocks.
The game marked the highest scoring game in Jordan Brand Classic history and defense was definitely at a minimum throughout Friday night’s contest.
The East also had strong scoring games from Kansas commit Kelly Oubre (24 points) and Indiana commit James Blackmon Jr. (23 points) while Duke commit and point guard Tyus Jones registered the game’s only double-double at 10 points and 12 assists. Kentucky commit Trey Lyles (17 points), Stanford commit Reid Travis (12 points) and North Carolina commit Justin Jackson (11 points) also finished in double-figures for the East.
Arizona commit Stanley Johnson led the West with 24 points in the loss while SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay tallied 19 points. Louisville commit Shaqquan Aaron tallied 14 points, Duke commit Justise Winslow added 13 points and Kentucky commit Devin Booker added 11 points. North Carolina commit Theo Pinson and UConn commit Daniel Hamilton each added 10 points. Kentucky commit Tyler Ulis added nine points and nine assists.
The game’s only unsigned player, Texas native Myles Turner, sat out the game due to injury. North Carolina commit Joel Berry and Seton Hall commit Isaiah Whitehead also sat out the Jordan Brand Classic due to injury.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)