Apr 18, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Hood, who began his college career at Mississippi State, spent two seasons in Durham with the 2013-14 campaign being the only one in which he played. Hood averaged 16.1 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this past season, earning second team All-ACC honors and helping lead the Blue Devils to 26 wins.
“Rodney had two terrific years here at Duke,” Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in the release. “He was an integral part of our team two years ago because he was such a great practice player and this year he was one of the best players in the country.
“So consistent and a great young man on and off the court. He will do really well in the NBA and obviously he will always be a part of what we do and we wish him the best.”
Duke will lose two underclassmen, with freshman Jabari Parker making his decision to enter the NBA Draft on Thursday. But neither loss was an unexpected one for the Blue Devils, who add a talented recruiting class that includes center Jahlil Okafor and point guard Tyus Jones. Those newcomers, along with returnees such as Quinn Cook and Rasheed Sulaimon, are why many expect Duke to be a national title contender in 2014-15.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)