Apr 18, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Hood, who began his college career at Mississippi State, spent two seasons in Durham with the 2013-14 campaign being the only one in which he played. Hood averaged 16.1 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this past season, earning second team All-ACC honors and helping lead the Blue Devils to 26 wins.
“Rodney had two terrific years here at Duke,” Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in the release. “He was an integral part of our team two years ago because he was such a great practice player and this year he was one of the best players in the country.
“So consistent and a great young man on and off the court. He will do really well in the NBA and obviously he will always be a part of what we do and we wish him the best.”
Duke will lose two underclassmen, with freshman Jabari Parker making his decision to enter the NBA Draft on Thursday. But neither loss was an unexpected one for the Blue Devils, who add a talented recruiting class that includes center Jahlil Okafor and point guard Tyus Jones. Those newcomers, along with returnees such as Quinn Cook and Rasheed Sulaimon, are why many expect Duke to be a national title contender in 2014-15.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)