Apr 18, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Hood, who began his college career at Mississippi State, spent two seasons in Durham with the 2013-14 campaign being the only one in which he played. Hood averaged 16.1 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this past season, earning second team All-ACC honors and helping lead the Blue Devils to 26 wins.
“Rodney had two terrific years here at Duke,” Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in the release. “He was an integral part of our team two years ago because he was such a great practice player and this year he was one of the best players in the country.
“So consistent and a great young man on and off the court. He will do really well in the NBA and obviously he will always be a part of what we do and we wish him the best.”
Duke will lose two underclassmen, with freshman Jabari Parker making his decision to enter the NBA Draft on Thursday. But neither loss was an unexpected one for the Blue Devils, who add a talented recruiting class that includes center Jahlil Okafor and point guard Tyus Jones. Those newcomers, along with returnees such as Quinn Cook and Rasheed Sulaimon, are why many expect Duke to be a national title contender in 2014-15.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)