Apr 18, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Indiana has lost a couple of players this offseason with Noah Vonleh entering the 2014 NBA Draft and transfers to Jeremy Hollowell and Austin Etherington, but the Hoosiers and head coach Tom Crean picked up a commitment on Friday evening when Westwind Prep center Jeremiah April pledged to play in the Big Ten.
The 6-foot-10 April took to Twitter to make his announcement.
After spending his high school years at Joy Christian in Phoenix, April opted to do a postgrad year at Westwind Prep after originally being a 2013 recruit. April joins shooting guards James Blackmon and Robert Johnson and forward Max Hoetzel in Indiana’s 2014 recruiting haul.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)