Apr 18, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Indiana has lost a couple of players this offseason with Noah Vonleh entering the 2014 NBA Draft and transfers to Jeremy Hollowell and Austin Etherington, but the Hoosiers and head coach Tom Crean picked up a commitment on Friday evening when Westwind Prep center Jeremiah April pledged to play in the Big Ten.
The 6-foot-10 April took to Twitter to make his announcement.
After spending his high school years at Joy Christian in Phoenix, April opted to do a postgrad year at Westwind Prep after originally being a 2013 recruit. April joins shooting guards James Blackmon and Robert Johnson and forward Max Hoetzel in Indiana’s 2014 recruiting haul.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)