Apr 18, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Indiana has lost a couple of players this offseason with Noah Vonleh entering the 2014 NBA Draft and transfers to Jeremy Hollowell and Austin Etherington, but the Hoosiers and head coach Tom Crean picked up a commitment on Friday evening when Westwind Prep center Jeremiah April pledged to play in the Big Ten.
The 6-foot-10 April took to Twitter to make his announcement.
After spending his high school years at Joy Christian in Phoenix, April opted to do a postgrad year at Westwind Prep after originally being a 2013 recruit. April joins shooting guards James Blackmon and Robert Johnson and forward Max Hoetzel in Indiana’s 2014 recruiting haul.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)