Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Houston duo of sophomore wing Danuel House and junior forward TaShawn Thomas will be allowed to transfer, but with certain restrictions, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
House, a 6-foot-7 sophomore, averaged 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season while Thomas, a 6-foot-8 junior, averaged a team-leading 15.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Cougars.
According to Goodman, neither player will be allowed to transfer to another American Athletic Conference program, another program in the state of Texas and the duo is also unable to transfer to a program that plays on Houston’s 2014-15 schedule. All other schools must also be approved by Houston.
Erskine McDaniel, a representative for House and Thomas, told Goodman that the duo will appeal the ban and apply for a waiver to play next season.
In an interview with Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston, House and Thomas said they both take issue, in particular, with the stipulation that both players can’t transfer to another program in Texas.
“I will appeal that one,” House said in the interview with FOX 26 Sports. “I feel they don’t want me to be really successful in the state of Texas unless I am at UH, and it really hurts my heart that they feel that way.”
“I wanted to able to look at schools in Texas so I can stay closer to my family,” Thomas said. “I’m going to appeal that.”
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)