Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Houston duo of sophomore wing Danuel House and junior forward TaShawn Thomas will be allowed to transfer, but with certain restrictions, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
House, a 6-foot-7 sophomore, averaged 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season while Thomas, a 6-foot-8 junior, averaged a team-leading 15.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Cougars.
According to Goodman, neither player will be allowed to transfer to another American Athletic Conference program, another program in the state of Texas and the duo is also unable to transfer to a program that plays on Houston’s 2014-15 schedule. All other schools must also be approved by Houston.
Erskine McDaniel, a representative for House and Thomas, told Goodman that the duo will appeal the ban and apply for a waiver to play next season.
In an interview with Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston, House and Thomas said they both take issue, in particular, with the stipulation that both players can’t transfer to another program in Texas.
“I will appeal that one,” House said in the interview with FOX 26 Sports. “I feel they don’t want me to be really successful in the state of Texas unless I am at UH, and it really hurts my heart that they feel that way.”
“I wanted to able to look at schools in Texas so I can stay closer to my family,” Thomas said. “I’m going to appeal that.”
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 1
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)