Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Houston duo of sophomore wing Danuel House and junior forward TaShawn Thomas will be allowed to transfer, but with certain restrictions, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
House, a 6-foot-7 sophomore, averaged 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season while Thomas, a 6-foot-8 junior, averaged a team-leading 15.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Cougars.
According to Goodman, neither player will be allowed to transfer to another American Athletic Conference program, another program in the state of Texas and the duo is also unable to transfer to a program that plays on Houston’s 2014-15 schedule. All other schools must also be approved by Houston.
Erskine McDaniel, a representative for House and Thomas, told Goodman that the duo will appeal the ban and apply for a waiver to play next season.
In an interview with Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston, House and Thomas said they both take issue, in particular, with the stipulation that both players can’t transfer to another program in Texas.
“I will appeal that one,” House said in the interview with FOX 26 Sports. “I feel they don’t want me to be really successful in the state of Texas unless I am at UH, and it really hurts my heart that they feel that way.”
“I wanted to able to look at schools in Texas so I can stay closer to my family,” Thomas said. “I’m going to appeal that.”
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)