Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Houston duo of sophomore wing Danuel House and junior forward TaShawn Thomas will be allowed to transfer, but with certain restrictions, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
House, a 6-foot-7 sophomore, averaged 13.6 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season while Thomas, a 6-foot-8 junior, averaged a team-leading 15.4 points and 8.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Cougars.
According to Goodman, neither player will be allowed to transfer to another American Athletic Conference program, another program in the state of Texas and the duo is also unable to transfer to a program that plays on Houston’s 2014-15 schedule. All other schools must also be approved by Houston.
Erskine McDaniel, a representative for House and Thomas, told Goodman that the duo will appeal the ban and apply for a waiver to play next season.
In an interview with Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston, House and Thomas said they both take issue, in particular, with the stipulation that both players can’t transfer to another program in Texas.
“I will appeal that one,” House said in the interview with FOX 26 Sports. “I feel they don’t want me to be really successful in the state of Texas unless I am at UH, and it really hurts my heart that they feel that way.”
“I wanted to able to look at schools in Texas so I can stay closer to my family,” Thomas said. “I’m going to appeal that.”
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)