Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Buzz Williams is off to a tremendous start on the recruiting trail at Virginia Tech. After pulling a shocker and switching from Marquette to the ACC program earlier this spring, Williams landed two of his former commits at the Big East school as top-100 shooting guard Ahmed Hill and three-star center Satchel Pierce committed to the Hokies on Saturday morning during their official visits.
The news of the commitments was first reported by Scout.com‘s Evan Daniels.
The 6-foot-4 Hill is regarded as Rivals.com‘s No. 69 player in the 2014 national class and he was one of the best unsigned prospects remaining after recently decommitting from Marquette and being released from his NLI. The native of Augusta, Georgia played for the Southern Stampede in the Nike EYBL and comes from Aquinas High School.
Pierce, a 6-foot-10 center from Kiski School in Saltsburg, Pennsylvania, is a three-star prospect and gives the Hokies an immediate boost on the interior since they lost freshman center Trevor Thompson to transfer this offseason. Pierce played on the grassroots circuit with the Ohio Phenoms.
This type of thing shows that players are committing to play for a head coach just as much as a school as we saw Kingsley Okoroh switch his commitment from Tennessee to Cal when Cuonzo Martin went to the West Coast earlier this week.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)