Apr 19, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
During Kentucky’s run to the national title game Tyler Black received attention for a tattoo he had applied to his leg back on March 13 in anticipation of the Wildcats winning their ninth national title. Of course Kentucky fell short of that accomplishment, losing to UConn in the title game, but the artwork was a step that few fans would take to show loyalty to their favorite team.
And the “bar” Black set with his tattoo may have been scaled by another Kentucky fan, who promised that he’d get a tattoo of Willie Cauley-Stein if the 7-footer decided to return to Lexington for another season.
Of course Cauley-Stein, who missed the final three games of the season with an ankle injury, will be back for his junior campaign despite being a projected lottery pick by some draft experts. And Michael Gray proved to be a man of his word, getting the tattoo Saturday and tweeting out a picture of the finished product.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of the tattoo (and there will be negative comments) that’s quite the show of loyalty by Gray. Just wish the tattoo also included the shirt Cauley-Stein wore under his jersey during the national title game.
And at least he didn’t do something along these lines.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0