Apr 19, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
During Kentucky’s run to the national title game Tyler Black received attention for a tattoo he had applied to his leg back on March 13 in anticipation of the Wildcats winning their ninth national title. Of course Kentucky fell short of that accomplishment, losing to UConn in the title game, but the artwork was a step that few fans would take to show loyalty to their favorite team.
And the “bar” Black set with his tattoo may have been scaled by another Kentucky fan, who promised that he’d get a tattoo of Willie Cauley-Stein if the 7-footer decided to return to Lexington for another season.
Of course Cauley-Stein, who missed the final three games of the season with an ankle injury, will be back for his junior campaign despite being a projected lottery pick by some draft experts. And Michael Gray proved to be a man of his word, getting the tattoo Saturday and tweeting out a picture of the finished product.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of the tattoo (and there will be negative comments) that’s quite the show of loyalty by Gray. Just wish the tattoo also included the shirt Cauley-Stein wore under his jersey during the national title game.
And at least he didn’t do something along these lines.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)