Apr 19, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
During Kentucky’s run to the national title game Tyler Black received attention for a tattoo he had applied to his leg back on March 13 in anticipation of the Wildcats winning their ninth national title. Of course Kentucky fell short of that accomplishment, losing to UConn in the title game, but the artwork was a step that few fans would take to show loyalty to their favorite team.
And the “bar” Black set with his tattoo may have been scaled by another Kentucky fan, who promised that he’d get a tattoo of Willie Cauley-Stein if the 7-footer decided to return to Lexington for another season.
Of course Cauley-Stein, who missed the final three games of the season with an ankle injury, will be back for his junior campaign despite being a projected lottery pick by some draft experts. And Michael Gray proved to be a man of his word, getting the tattoo Saturday and tweeting out a picture of the finished product.
Regardless of what anyone thinks of the tattoo (and there will be negative comments) that’s quite the show of loyalty by Gray. Just wish the tattoo also included the shirt Cauley-Stein wore under his jersey during the national title game.
And at least he didn’t do something along these lines.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)