Apr 20, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Days after losing its two top scorers to transfers, Houston scored a commitment from a former top 100 recruit on Sunday morning.
Torian Graham, a 6-foot-4 shooting guard from the Class of 2012 who spent the past two seasons at Chipola Junior College (Fla.), announced via Twitter that he had signed with Houston.
Graham had twice committed and decommitted from NC State. After not being cleared by the NCAA in October of 2012, he enrolled at Chipola. He averaged 12.9 points per game, only appearing in 15 games this past season. He played on a team with future UConn guard Sam Cassell Jr. and power forward Cinmeon Bowers, who commited to Auburn last Sunday.
Houston hired Kelvin Sampson as the program’s new head coach on April 2. Within weeks, TaShawn Thomas and Danuel House, who led the Cougars in both scoring and rebounding, requested releases from their scholarships. While adding a shooting guard won’t help the lost production on the frontline, it does give Houston a gifted scorer and a second member of its incoming class along with Yates High (Texas) forward J.C. Washington.
Graham was rated as the No. 67 recruit in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)