Apr 20, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Kentucky is still unsure of how its team will look next fall. With four recruits coming in, Marcus Lee and Willie Cauley-Stein both announcing they will return and James Young declaring for the 2014 NBA Draft, head coach John Calipari has already had some questions answered.
Though his back court of Andrew and Aaron Harrison are still weighing their options. Their father, Aaron Sr. told Fox 26 in Houston that his sons are about halfway to making a decision. The Harrisons are waiting for feedback from the NBA before a decision will be made.
“I just sent the paperwork in two or three days ago,” Aaron Harrison Sr told Fox 26. “I talked to a gentleman at the NBA and he said he would get it to me as fast as possible and then we’ll go from there.
“It’s important. You’re trying to find out what the prospects are for them and where they’ll be drafted and all those things.”
The NCAA tournament run helped boost both of their stocks, though, DraftExpress.com still has neither listed in its latest mock draft while Sporting News has both projected as late first round picks — Andrew at No. 21 and Aaron four spots behind him.
“It’s basically my career really,” Aaron said. “Don’t leave anything out. Think about all the angles and everything that goes into it and just try to make the best choice for your family.”
“It’s tough,” Andrew added. “You got to keep praying on it and just keep talking with your family and see what’s the best thing for you and your family.”
If the Harrison twins were to enter June’s draft, Kentucky would rely on the incoming back court of point guard Tyler Ulis and sharpshooter Devin Booker next season.
The Harrison twins have until April 27 to declare for the NBA draft.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)