Apr 20, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Kentucky is still unsure of how its team will look next fall. With four recruits coming in, Marcus Lee and Willie Cauley-Stein both announcing they will return and James Young declaring for the 2014 NBA Draft, head coach John Calipari has already had some questions answered.
Though his back court of Andrew and Aaron Harrison are still weighing their options. Their father, Aaron Sr. told Fox 26 in Houston that his sons are about halfway to making a decision. The Harrisons are waiting for feedback from the NBA before a decision will be made.
“I just sent the paperwork in two or three days ago,” Aaron Harrison Sr told Fox 26. “I talked to a gentleman at the NBA and he said he would get it to me as fast as possible and then we’ll go from there.
“It’s important. You’re trying to find out what the prospects are for them and where they’ll be drafted and all those things.”
The NCAA tournament run helped boost both of their stocks, though, DraftExpress.com still has neither listed in its latest mock draft while Sporting News has both projected as late first round picks — Andrew at No. 21 and Aaron four spots behind him.
“It’s basically my career really,” Aaron said. “Don’t leave anything out. Think about all the angles and everything that goes into it and just try to make the best choice for your family.”
“It’s tough,” Andrew added. “You got to keep praying on it and just keep talking with your family and see what’s the best thing for you and your family.”
If the Harrison twins were to enter June’s draft, Kentucky would rely on the incoming back court of point guard Tyler Ulis and sharpshooter Devin Booker next season.
The Harrison twins have until April 27 to declare for the NBA draft.
May 28, 2015, 7:43 PM EDT
Big 12 tournaments held at the Sprint Center have averaged more than 18,000 fans per session.
May 28, 2015, 6:41 PM EDT
Each team will have three “permanent” opponents they’re guaranteed to play twice every season.
May 28, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Video surfaced showing that Alie-Cox wasn’t involved in the incident, contradicting a woman’s claim that he punched her in the face.
May 28, 2015, 4:04 PM EDT
UConn’s now added three transfers to the program this spring, two of whom will be eligible immediately as graduate students.
May 28, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
Foster led Clemson to their only Elite 8 appearance in program history.
May 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Paige went to high school an hour from UNI’s campus.
May 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Iowa State fans shouldn’t freak out too much.
May 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Dellavedova was a star with the Gaels before he became this year’s NBA Playoff star.
May 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Byers created the term “student-athlete” and first sold TV rights for NCAA broadcasts, but later wrote a book blasting the NCAA for exploiting athletes.
May 28, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
This is a step in the right direction by the Big 12.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
The 6-foot-6 southpaw showed off his arm, and was accurate in doing so.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Matthews is the recruit everyone forgets about.
May 27, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
That numbers is half what it was in 2015.
May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Self and his wife created the Assists Foundation.
May 27, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Reed broke a cop’s finger while resisting a shoplifting arrest.
May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Miles is 47-49 in three years with Nebraska.
May 27, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
This swing is ugly.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)