Ayinde Sprewell, nephew of former NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, commits to Western Kentucky (VIDEO)
Apr 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Western Kentucky added another member to its 2014 recruiting on Monday afternoon as Daytona State College guard Ayinde Sprewell, the nephew of former four-time NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, committed to the Hilltoppers via Twitter.
A 6-foot-3 guard, Sprewell is a native of Milwaukee and was originally committed to Florida International in 2012 before opting to go the junior college route. After his freshman season at Three Rivers College, Sprewell spent this past season at Daytona State College. Sprewell chose Western Kentucky over Rhode Island, his other finalist.
Kris Watkins of Jucoreport.com has a nice video breakdown of Sprewell’s game that includes highlights from the 2013-14 season at Daytona State College:
Sprewell has two years of eligibility remaining and joins 6-foot-5 wing Derrick Clayton, 6-foot-4 wing Jordan Green, 6-foot-6 forward Justin Johnson and 6-foot-1 guard Avery Patterson in the Hilltoppers’ 2014 recruiting haul.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)