Ayinde Sprewell, nephew of former NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, commits to Western Kentucky (VIDEO)
Apr 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
Western Kentucky added another member to its 2014 recruiting on Monday afternoon as Daytona State College guard Ayinde Sprewell, the nephew of former four-time NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, committed to the Hilltoppers via Twitter.
A 6-foot-3 guard, Sprewell is a native of Milwaukee and was originally committed to Florida International in 2012 before opting to go the junior college route. After his freshman season at Three Rivers College, Sprewell spent this past season at Daytona State College. Sprewell chose Western Kentucky over Rhode Island, his other finalist.
Kris Watkins of Jucoreport.com has a nice video breakdown of Sprewell’s game that includes highlights from the 2013-14 season at Daytona State College:
Sprewell has two years of eligibility remaining and joins 6-foot-5 wing Derrick Clayton, 6-foot-4 wing Jordan Green, 6-foot-6 forward Justin Johnson and 6-foot-1 guard Avery Patterson in the Hilltoppers’ 2014 recruiting haul.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)