Ayinde Sprewell, nephew of former NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, commits to Western Kentucky (VIDEO)
Apr 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Western Kentucky added another member to its 2014 recruiting on Monday afternoon as Daytona State College guard Ayinde Sprewell, the nephew of former four-time NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, committed to the Hilltoppers via Twitter.
A 6-foot-3 guard, Sprewell is a native of Milwaukee and was originally committed to Florida International in 2012 before opting to go the junior college route. After his freshman season at Three Rivers College, Sprewell spent this past season at Daytona State College. Sprewell chose Western Kentucky over Rhode Island, his other finalist.
Kris Watkins of Jucoreport.com has a nice video breakdown of Sprewell’s game that includes highlights from the 2013-14 season at Daytona State College:
Sprewell has two years of eligibility remaining and joins 6-foot-5 wing Derrick Clayton, 6-foot-4 wing Jordan Green, 6-foot-6 forward Justin Johnson and 6-foot-1 guard Avery Patterson in the Hilltoppers’ 2014 recruiting haul.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)