Ayinde Sprewell, nephew of former NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, commits to Western Kentucky (VIDEO)
Apr 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Western Kentucky added another member to its 2014 recruiting on Monday afternoon as Daytona State College guard Ayinde Sprewell, the nephew of former four-time NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, committed to the Hilltoppers via Twitter.
A 6-foot-3 guard, Sprewell is a native of Milwaukee and was originally committed to Florida International in 2012 before opting to go the junior college route. After his freshman season at Three Rivers College, Sprewell spent this past season at Daytona State College. Sprewell chose Western Kentucky over Rhode Island, his other finalist.
Kris Watkins of Jucoreport.com has a nice video breakdown of Sprewell’s game that includes highlights from the 2013-14 season at Daytona State College:
Sprewell has two years of eligibility remaining and joins 6-foot-5 wing Derrick Clayton, 6-foot-4 wing Jordan Green, 6-foot-6 forward Justin Johnson and 6-foot-1 guard Avery Patterson in the Hilltoppers’ 2014 recruiting haul.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)