Ayinde Sprewell, nephew of former NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, commits to Western Kentucky (VIDEO)
Apr 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Western Kentucky added another member to its 2014 recruiting on Monday afternoon as Daytona State College guard Ayinde Sprewell, the nephew of former four-time NBA All-Star Latrell Sprewell, committed to the Hilltoppers via Twitter.
A 6-foot-3 guard, Sprewell is a native of Milwaukee and was originally committed to Florida International in 2012 before opting to go the junior college route. After his freshman season at Three Rivers College, Sprewell spent this past season at Daytona State College. Sprewell chose Western Kentucky over Rhode Island, his other finalist.
Kris Watkins of Jucoreport.com has a nice video breakdown of Sprewell’s game that includes highlights from the 2013-14 season at Daytona State College:
Sprewell has two years of eligibility remaining and joins 6-foot-5 wing Derrick Clayton, 6-foot-4 wing Jordan Green, 6-foot-6 forward Justin Johnson and 6-foot-1 guard Avery Patterson in the Hilltoppers’ 2014 recruiting haul.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)