Apr 21, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Fresh off of dual-ACC titles, the Virginia Cavaliers have locked themselves in a home-and-home series with George Washington, who is coming off of their own trip to the NCAA tournament.
The first game of the series is going to be held at John Paul Jones Arena in 2014, with the Colonials getting a return game the following season.
“Our goal is to play a schedule that is challenging and puts us in a position for a berth to the NCAA Tournament every season,” said GW head coach Mike Lonergan. “It’s going to be an exciting regional rivalry for our players, students, alumni and fans.”
Hopefully, this can grow into a quality rivalry in an area that desperately needs quality rivalries. Maryland and Georgetown still refuse to play over a silly beef between John Thompson Jr. and Lefty Driesell. The Hoyas no longer play Syracuse in the Big East while Maryland is headed to the Big Ten next season.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1