Apr 21, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Develle Phillips is a 2015 forward that you’ll likely hear more about as the spring and summer goes along, but the 6-foot-8 forward from Clinton Christian High School in Upper Marlboro, Maryland put down an early candidate for best dunk of the spring over the weekend at the Hoop Group’s Southern Jam Fest.
Why was this dunk so impressive, you ask? Because it came on elite rising-junior Thon Maker, who led the Nike EYBL in blocked shots last year while being a consensus national top-five player in the 2016 class. The 7-foot Maker caused quite a bit of commotion in the basketball community earlier this year for his own mixtape, but on this play, he was apart of someone else’s highlight-reel play.
Phillips is running with D.C. Premier this spring and reportedly picked up a scholarship offer from Cincinnati on Monday, according to Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
(H/T: Ball is Life East)
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)