Apr 21, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Develle Phillips is a 2015 forward that you’ll likely hear more about as the spring and summer goes along, but the 6-foot-8 forward from Clinton Christian High School in Upper Marlboro, Maryland put down an early candidate for best dunk of the spring over the weekend at the Hoop Group’s Southern Jam Fest.
Why was this dunk so impressive, you ask? Because it came on elite rising-junior Thon Maker, who led the Nike EYBL in blocked shots last year while being a consensus national top-five player in the 2016 class. The 7-foot Maker caused quite a bit of commotion in the basketball community earlier this year for his own mixtape, but on this play, he was apart of someone else’s highlight-reel play.
Phillips is running with D.C. Premier this spring and reportedly picked up a scholarship offer from Cincinnati on Monday, according to Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
(H/T: Ball is Life East)
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)