Apr 21, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Develle Phillips is a 2015 forward that you’ll likely hear more about as the spring and summer goes along, but the 6-foot-8 forward from Clinton Christian High School in Upper Marlboro, Maryland put down an early candidate for best dunk of the spring over the weekend at the Hoop Group’s Southern Jam Fest.
Why was this dunk so impressive, you ask? Because it came on elite rising-junior Thon Maker, who led the Nike EYBL in blocked shots last year while being a consensus national top-five player in the 2016 class. The 7-foot Maker caused quite a bit of commotion in the basketball community earlier this year for his own mixtape, but on this play, he was apart of someone else’s highlight-reel play.
Phillips is running with D.C. Premier this spring and reportedly picked up a scholarship offer from Cincinnati on Monday, according to Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
(H/T: Ball is Life East)
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)