Apr 21, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Develle Phillips is a 2015 forward that you’ll likely hear more about as the spring and summer goes along, but the 6-foot-8 forward from Clinton Christian High School in Upper Marlboro, Maryland put down an early candidate for best dunk of the spring over the weekend at the Hoop Group’s Southern Jam Fest.
Why was this dunk so impressive, you ask? Because it came on elite rising-junior Thon Maker, who led the Nike EYBL in blocked shots last year while being a consensus national top-five player in the 2016 class. The 7-foot Maker caused quite a bit of commotion in the basketball community earlier this year for his own mixtape, but on this play, he was apart of someone else’s highlight-reel play.
Phillips is running with D.C. Premier this spring and reportedly picked up a scholarship offer from Cincinnati on Monday, according to Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
(H/T: Ball is Life East)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)