Apr 21, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Develle Phillips is a 2015 forward that you’ll likely hear more about as the spring and summer goes along, but the 6-foot-8 forward from Clinton Christian High School in Upper Marlboro, Maryland put down an early candidate for best dunk of the spring over the weekend at the Hoop Group’s Southern Jam Fest.
Why was this dunk so impressive, you ask? Because it came on elite rising-junior Thon Maker, who led the Nike EYBL in blocked shots last year while being a consensus national top-five player in the 2016 class. The 7-foot Maker caused quite a bit of commotion in the basketball community earlier this year for his own mixtape, but on this play, he was apart of someone else’s highlight-reel play.
Phillips is running with D.C. Premier this spring and reportedly picked up a scholarship offer from Cincinnati on Monday, according to Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
(H/T: Ball is Life East)
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)