Apr 21, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
With three members of his front court rotation from a season ago out of eligibility, Eastern Michigan head coach Rob Murphy has added a body to his front court for the 2014-15 season. As reported by Adam Zagoria, former George Mason forward Anali Okoloji will transfer to the Mid-American Conference school for his final season of eligibility.
Okoloji played in just 17 games as a redshirt junior, posting averages of 2.1 points and 1.8 rebounds in eight minutes of action per game. After playing double-digit minutes in games against UMass, Rhode Island and Fordham in mid-January, Okoloji played a total of four minutes the remainder of the season.
Okoloji scored seven points in three different games last season, with the last effort coming in the Rhode Island game mentioned in the previous sentence.
This is the second transfer for Okoloji, who began his college career at Seton Hall. On course to complete his undergraduate coursework, Okoloji will be eligible immediately for Eastern Michigan.
The Eagles, who finished last season with a 22-15 record (10-8 MAC), lost Glenn Bryant (9.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.5 bpg), Daylen Harrison (5.5, 3.9) and DaShonte Riley (4.2, 6.0, 2.6) from their front court rotation. 6-foot-8 Jordan Nobles is the lone front court signee for Eastern Michigan, and 6-foot-11 Lekan Ajayi averaged 0.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 10.3 minutes of action per game a season ago.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)