Apr 21, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
With three members of his front court rotation from a season ago out of eligibility, Eastern Michigan head coach Rob Murphy has added a body to his front court for the 2014-15 season. As reported by Adam Zagoria, former George Mason forward Anali Okoloji will transfer to the Mid-American Conference school for his final season of eligibility.
Okoloji played in just 17 games as a redshirt junior, posting averages of 2.1 points and 1.8 rebounds in eight minutes of action per game. After playing double-digit minutes in games against UMass, Rhode Island and Fordham in mid-January, Okoloji played a total of four minutes the remainder of the season.
Okoloji scored seven points in three different games last season, with the last effort coming in the Rhode Island game mentioned in the previous sentence.
This is the second transfer for Okoloji, who began his college career at Seton Hall. On course to complete his undergraduate coursework, Okoloji will be eligible immediately for Eastern Michigan.
The Eagles, who finished last season with a 22-15 record (10-8 MAC), lost Glenn Bryant (9.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.5 bpg), Daylen Harrison (5.5, 3.9) and DaShonte Riley (4.2, 6.0, 2.6) from their front court rotation. 6-foot-8 Jordan Nobles is the lone front court signee for Eastern Michigan, and 6-foot-11 Lekan Ajayi averaged 0.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 10.3 minutes of action per game a season ago.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)