Apr 21, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
With three members of his front court rotation from a season ago out of eligibility, Eastern Michigan head coach Rob Murphy has added a body to his front court for the 2014-15 season. As reported by Adam Zagoria, former George Mason forward Anali Okoloji will transfer to the Mid-American Conference school for his final season of eligibility.
Okoloji played in just 17 games as a redshirt junior, posting averages of 2.1 points and 1.8 rebounds in eight minutes of action per game. After playing double-digit minutes in games against UMass, Rhode Island and Fordham in mid-January, Okoloji played a total of four minutes the remainder of the season.
Okoloji scored seven points in three different games last season, with the last effort coming in the Rhode Island game mentioned in the previous sentence.
This is the second transfer for Okoloji, who began his college career at Seton Hall. On course to complete his undergraduate coursework, Okoloji will be eligible immediately for Eastern Michigan.
The Eagles, who finished last season with a 22-15 record (10-8 MAC), lost Glenn Bryant (9.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.5 bpg), Daylen Harrison (5.5, 3.9) and DaShonte Riley (4.2, 6.0, 2.6) from their front court rotation. 6-foot-8 Jordan Nobles is the lone front court signee for Eastern Michigan, and 6-foot-11 Lekan Ajayi averaged 0.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 10.3 minutes of action per game a season ago.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)