Apr 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Over the weekend, it appeared as if Louisiana Tech head coach Mike White was the favorite to take over as head coach at Tennessee.
Those talks have stalled, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. He is expected to stay at Louisiana Tech, where he signed a six-year, $3.6 million contract extension earlier this month, due in part to the longterm security the program provided him.
The name that Parrish mentioned as the next potential replacement is Donnie Tyndall, who is currently the head coach at Southern Miss. Tyndall has won 56 games the past two seasons in Conference USA. He has worked as an assistant in the SEC and in Tennessee (Middle Tennessee State). He turned Morehead State (which is in Kentucky) into a power in the Ohio Valley. And he’s proven the ability to a) sell season tickets and b) turn around teams that have been struggling.
Tyndall and White were the first two names that most mentioned when former Tennessee head coach made the jump to Cal. Tennessee took a swing at a handful of A-list candidates, all of whom declined.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)