Apr 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Over the weekend, it appeared as if Louisiana Tech head coach Mike White was the favorite to take over as head coach at Tennessee.
Those talks have stalled, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. He is expected to stay at Louisiana Tech, where he signed a six-year, $3.6 million contract extension earlier this month, due in part to the longterm security the program provided him.
The name that Parrish mentioned as the next potential replacement is Donnie Tyndall, who is currently the head coach at Southern Miss. Tyndall has won 56 games the past two seasons in Conference USA. He has worked as an assistant in the SEC and in Tennessee (Middle Tennessee State). He turned Morehead State (which is in Kentucky) into a power in the Ohio Valley. And he’s proven the ability to a) sell season tickets and b) turn around teams that have been struggling.
Tyndall and White were the first two names that most mentioned when former Tennessee head coach made the jump to Cal. Tennessee took a swing at a handful of A-list candidates, all of whom declined.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)