Apr 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Over the weekend, it appeared as if Louisiana Tech head coach Mike White was the favorite to take over as head coach at Tennessee.
Those talks have stalled, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. He is expected to stay at Louisiana Tech, where he signed a six-year, $3.6 million contract extension earlier this month, due in part to the longterm security the program provided him.
The name that Parrish mentioned as the next potential replacement is Donnie Tyndall, who is currently the head coach at Southern Miss. Tyndall has won 56 games the past two seasons in Conference USA. He has worked as an assistant in the SEC and in Tennessee (Middle Tennessee State). He turned Morehead State (which is in Kentucky) into a power in the Ohio Valley. And he’s proven the ability to a) sell season tickets and b) turn around teams that have been struggling.
Tyndall and White were the first two names that most mentioned when former Tennessee head coach made the jump to Cal. Tennessee took a swing at a handful of A-list candidates, all of whom declined.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)