Apr 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Over the weekend, it appeared as if Louisiana Tech head coach Mike White was the favorite to take over as head coach at Tennessee.
Those talks have stalled, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. He is expected to stay at Louisiana Tech, where he signed a six-year, $3.6 million contract extension earlier this month, due in part to the longterm security the program provided him.
The name that Parrish mentioned as the next potential replacement is Donnie Tyndall, who is currently the head coach at Southern Miss. Tyndall has won 56 games the past two seasons in Conference USA. He has worked as an assistant in the SEC and in Tennessee (Middle Tennessee State). He turned Morehead State (which is in Kentucky) into a power in the Ohio Valley. And he’s proven the ability to a) sell season tickets and b) turn around teams that have been struggling.
Tyndall and White were the first two names that most mentioned when former Tennessee head coach made the jump to Cal. Tennessee took a swing at a handful of A-list candidates, all of whom declined.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)