Apr 21, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Over the weekend, it appeared as if Louisiana Tech head coach Mike White was the favorite to take over as head coach at Tennessee.
Those talks have stalled, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. He is expected to stay at Louisiana Tech, where he signed a six-year, $3.6 million contract extension earlier this month, due in part to the longterm security the program provided him.
The name that Parrish mentioned as the next potential replacement is Donnie Tyndall, who is currently the head coach at Southern Miss. Tyndall has won 56 games the past two seasons in Conference USA. He has worked as an assistant in the SEC and in Tennessee (Middle Tennessee State). He turned Morehead State (which is in Kentucky) into a power in the Ohio Valley. And he’s proven the ability to a) sell season tickets and b) turn around teams that have been struggling.
Tyndall and White were the first two names that most mentioned when former Tennessee head coach made the jump to Cal. Tennessee took a swing at a handful of A-list candidates, all of whom declined.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)