Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Clemson forward K.J. McDaniels will enter his name into the NBA Draft this week, Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports is reporting this morning.
McDaniels, at 6-foot-6, was one of the best athletes in the country this past season, blocking 2.8 shots per game despite projecting as a small forward at the next level. He also averaged 17.1 points, 7.1 boards and 1.1 steals.
McDaniels will never be considered an elite offensive player, but he has the tools needed to carve out a career in the NBA. He’s as explosive as a human being can be, he plays the game hard and he’s willing to defend and attack the glass on both ends of the floor. He has three-point range, but his jumper is inconsistent, and he can get to the rim but he’s not a 1-on-1 scorer.
Draft Express currently projects McDaniels to be the No. 20 pick in the first round.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)