Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Clemson forward K.J. McDaniels will enter his name into the NBA Draft this week, Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports is reporting this morning.
McDaniels, at 6-foot-6, was one of the best athletes in the country this past season, blocking 2.8 shots per game despite projecting as a small forward at the next level. He also averaged 17.1 points, 7.1 boards and 1.1 steals.
McDaniels will never be considered an elite offensive player, but he has the tools needed to carve out a career in the NBA. He’s as explosive as a human being can be, he plays the game hard and he’s willing to defend and attack the glass on both ends of the floor. He has three-point range, but his jumper is inconsistent, and he can get to the rim but he’s not a 1-on-1 scorer.
Draft Express currently projects McDaniels to be the No. 20 pick in the first round.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)