Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Clemson forward K.J. McDaniels will enter his name into the NBA Draft this week, Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports is reporting this morning.
McDaniels, at 6-foot-6, was one of the best athletes in the country this past season, blocking 2.8 shots per game despite projecting as a small forward at the next level. He also averaged 17.1 points, 7.1 boards and 1.1 steals.
McDaniels will never be considered an elite offensive player, but he has the tools needed to carve out a career in the NBA. He’s as explosive as a human being can be, he plays the game hard and he’s willing to defend and attack the glass on both ends of the floor. He has three-point range, but his jumper is inconsistent, and he can get to the rim but he’s not a 1-on-1 scorer.
Draft Express currently projects McDaniels to be the No. 20 pick in the first round.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)