Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Clemson forward K.J. McDaniels will enter his name into the NBA Draft this week, Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports is reporting this morning.
McDaniels, at 6-foot-6, was one of the best athletes in the country this past season, blocking 2.8 shots per game despite projecting as a small forward at the next level. He also averaged 17.1 points, 7.1 boards and 1.1 steals.
McDaniels will never be considered an elite offensive player, but he has the tools needed to carve out a career in the NBA. He’s as explosive as a human being can be, he plays the game hard and he’s willing to defend and attack the glass on both ends of the floor. He has three-point range, but his jumper is inconsistent, and he can get to the rim but he’s not a 1-on-1 scorer.
Draft Express currently projects McDaniels to be the No. 20 pick in the first round.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)