Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Clemson forward K.J. McDaniels will enter his name into the NBA Draft this week, Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports is reporting this morning.
McDaniels, at 6-foot-6, was one of the best athletes in the country this past season, blocking 2.8 shots per game despite projecting as a small forward at the next level. He also averaged 17.1 points, 7.1 boards and 1.1 steals.
McDaniels will never be considered an elite offensive player, but he has the tools needed to carve out a career in the NBA. He’s as explosive as a human being can be, he plays the game hard and he’s willing to defend and attack the glass on both ends of the floor. He has three-point range, but his jumper is inconsistent, and he can get to the rim but he’s not a 1-on-1 scorer.
Draft Express currently projects McDaniels to be the No. 20 pick in the first round.
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)