Apr 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins, who might be the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, is the most popular athlete in Kansas, according to a recent study. That’s not much of a surprise after the freshman small forward entered Lawrence with tons of hype, and ended up as the team’s leading scorer at 17.4 points per game.
But it was a little head-scratching that he was also the most searched player in, of all places, Kentucky, per BestTickets.com, which conducted the study using Google searches and published the results on Tuesday.
The study ran from April 2013 to April 2014, so you can imagine that early in this study Kentucky fans were constantly searching for recruiting updates on Wiggins, the prized recruit from the Class of 2013. Kentucky was one of his four finalists before he announced his decision to sign with Kansas on May 14.
This was also limited to athletes. I imagine if you open it up to all sports figures, John Calipari would be the most searched person in the Bluegrass State, if that were the case.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)