Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Darius Paul, a redshirt transfer from Western Michigan and the younger brother of former Illinois star Brandon Paul, was arrested early Tuesday morning for underage drinking and resisting arrest.
Paul, who is 20, ran from police when they spotted him and another man walking across a parking lot at 3:20 a.m., the report said. an officer eventually tackled Paul outside his apartment building, where he admitted that he had been drinking.
Both of the charges against Paul are misdemeanors with maximum penalties of 364 days in jail.
Paul averaged 10.4 points and 5.7 boards at WMU as a freshman in 2012-2013 before transferring.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)