Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Darius Paul, a redshirt transfer from Western Michigan and the younger brother of former Illinois star Brandon Paul, was arrested early Tuesday morning for underage drinking and resisting arrest.
Paul, who is 20, ran from police when they spotted him and another man walking across a parking lot at 3:20 a.m., the report said. an officer eventually tackled Paul outside his apartment building, where he admitted that he had been drinking.
Both of the charges against Paul are misdemeanors with maximum penalties of 364 days in jail.
Paul averaged 10.4 points and 5.7 boards at WMU as a freshman in 2012-2013 before transferring.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)