Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EST
Darius Paul, a redshirt transfer from Western Michigan and the younger brother of former Illinois star Brandon Paul, was arrested early Tuesday morning for underage drinking and resisting arrest.
Paul, who is 20, ran from police when they spotted him and another man walking across a parking lot at 3:20 a.m., the report said. an officer eventually tackled Paul outside his apartment building, where he admitted that he had been drinking.
Both of the charges against Paul are misdemeanors with maximum penalties of 364 days in jail.
Paul averaged 10.4 points and 5.7 boards at WMU as a freshman in 2012-2013 before transferring.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)