Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Darius Paul, a redshirt transfer from Western Michigan and the younger brother of former Illinois star Brandon Paul, was arrested early Tuesday morning for underage drinking and resisting arrest.
Paul, who is 20, ran from police when they spotted him and another man walking across a parking lot at 3:20 a.m., the report said. an officer eventually tackled Paul outside his apartment building, where he admitted that he had been drinking.
Both of the charges against Paul are misdemeanors with maximum penalties of 364 days in jail.
Paul averaged 10.4 points and 5.7 boards at WMU as a freshman in 2012-2013 before transferring.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)