Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Indiana transfer Jeremy Hollowell has committed to Georgia State, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Hollowell averaged 5.7 points and 3.5 boards as a sophomore with the Hoosiers, but he saw his minutes decline down the stretch of the season after getting taken out of the starting lineup.
Hollowell was a top 50 recruit coming out of high school, but he never could quite figure out his role in Tom Crean’s system.
Georgia State has become a hub for transfers in recent seasons. Part of the reason they were able to storm through the Sun Belt this past season was the addition of Ryan Harrow from Kentucky, who was eligible immediately. Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has already committed to the Panthers as well. They likely will never take the court together during a game, but that means that Georgia State will have players from Kentucky, Louisville and Indiana on their roster next season. I hope old rivalries die easy.
It’s also worth noting that none of those three transfers will be the best player on the GSU roster. Sophomore R.J. Hunter, head coach Ron Hunter’s son, is the star of that team.
Hollowell will have to redshirt a season, but he has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)