Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Indiana transfer Jeremy Hollowell has committed to Georgia State, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Hollowell averaged 5.7 points and 3.5 boards as a sophomore with the Hoosiers, but he saw his minutes decline down the stretch of the season after getting taken out of the starting lineup.
Hollowell was a top 50 recruit coming out of high school, but he never could quite figure out his role in Tom Crean’s system.
Georgia State has become a hub for transfers in recent seasons. Part of the reason they were able to storm through the Sun Belt this past season was the addition of Ryan Harrow from Kentucky, who was eligible immediately. Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has already committed to the Panthers as well. They likely will never take the court together during a game, but that means that Georgia State will have players from Kentucky, Louisville and Indiana on their roster next season. I hope old rivalries die easy.
It’s also worth noting that none of those three transfers will be the best player on the GSU roster. Sophomore R.J. Hunter, head coach Ron Hunter’s son, is the star of that team.
Hollowell will have to redshirt a season, but he has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)