Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Indiana transfer Jeremy Hollowell has committed to Georgia State, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Hollowell averaged 5.7 points and 3.5 boards as a sophomore with the Hoosiers, but he saw his minutes decline down the stretch of the season after getting taken out of the starting lineup.
Hollowell was a top 50 recruit coming out of high school, but he never could quite figure out his role in Tom Crean’s system.
Georgia State has become a hub for transfers in recent seasons. Part of the reason they were able to storm through the Sun Belt this past season was the addition of Ryan Harrow from Kentucky, who was eligible immediately. Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has already committed to the Panthers as well. They likely will never take the court together during a game, but that means that Georgia State will have players from Kentucky, Louisville and Indiana on their roster next season. I hope old rivalries die easy.
It’s also worth noting that none of those three transfers will be the best player on the GSU roster. Sophomore R.J. Hunter, head coach Ron Hunter’s son, is the star of that team.
Hollowell will have to redshirt a season, but he has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)