Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Indiana transfer Jeremy Hollowell has committed to Georgia State, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Hollowell averaged 5.7 points and 3.5 boards as a sophomore with the Hoosiers, but he saw his minutes decline down the stretch of the season after getting taken out of the starting lineup.
Hollowell was a top 50 recruit coming out of high school, but he never could quite figure out his role in Tom Crean’s system.
Georgia State has become a hub for transfers in recent seasons. Part of the reason they were able to storm through the Sun Belt this past season was the addition of Ryan Harrow from Kentucky, who was eligible immediately. Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has already committed to the Panthers as well. They likely will never take the court together during a game, but that means that Georgia State will have players from Kentucky, Louisville and Indiana on their roster next season. I hope old rivalries die easy.
It’s also worth noting that none of those three transfers will be the best player on the GSU roster. Sophomore R.J. Hunter, head coach Ron Hunter’s son, is the star of that team.
Hollowell will have to redshirt a season, but he has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)