Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Indiana transfer Jeremy Hollowell has committed to Georgia State, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.
Hollowell averaged 5.7 points and 3.5 boards as a sophomore with the Hoosiers, but he saw his minutes decline down the stretch of the season after getting taken out of the starting lineup.
Hollowell was a top 50 recruit coming out of high school, but he never could quite figure out his role in Tom Crean’s system.
Georgia State has become a hub for transfers in recent seasons. Part of the reason they were able to storm through the Sun Belt this past season was the addition of Ryan Harrow from Kentucky, who was eligible immediately. Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has already committed to the Panthers as well. They likely will never take the court together during a game, but that means that Georgia State will have players from Kentucky, Louisville and Indiana on their roster next season. I hope old rivalries die easy.
It’s also worth noting that none of those three transfers will be the best player on the GSU roster. Sophomore R.J. Hunter, head coach Ron Hunter’s son, is the star of that team.
Hollowell will have to redshirt a season, but he has two years of eligibility remaining.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)