Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EST
With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.
One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.
However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day.
If Harris were to commit to Kansas State, he’d be an important addition for the Wildcats. Kansas State lost Shane Southwell at the end of the 2013-14 season, and Harris will join a front court rotation that includes rising senior Nino Williams and rising sophomore Wesley Iwundu.
Bruce Weber’s 2014 recruiting class currently consists of junior college transfers Stephen Hurt and Neville Fincher and incoming freshman Tre Harris being the others. Kansas State will also add Georgetown transfer Brandon Bolden, a 6-foot-10 big who sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)