Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.
One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.
However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day.
If Harris were to commit to Kansas State, he’d be an important addition for the Wildcats. Kansas State lost Shane Southwell at the end of the 2013-14 season, and Harris will join a front court rotation that includes rising senior Nino Williams and rising sophomore Wesley Iwundu.
Bruce Weber’s 2014 recruiting class currently consists of junior college transfers Stephen Hurt and Neville Fincher and incoming freshman Tre Harris being the others. Kansas State will also add Georgetown transfer Brandon Bolden, a 6-foot-10 big who sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)