Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.
One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.
However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day.
If Harris were to commit to Kansas State, he’d be an important addition for the Wildcats. Kansas State lost Shane Southwell at the end of the 2013-14 season, and Harris will join a front court rotation that includes rising senior Nino Williams and rising sophomore Wesley Iwundu.
Bruce Weber’s 2014 recruiting class currently consists of junior college transfers Stephen Hurt and Neville Fincher and incoming freshman Tre Harris being the others. Kansas State will also add Georgetown transfer Brandon Bolden, a 6-foot-10 big who sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)