Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EST
With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.
One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.
However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day.
If Harris were to commit to Kansas State, he’d be an important addition for the Wildcats. Kansas State lost Shane Southwell at the end of the 2013-14 season, and Harris will join a front court rotation that includes rising senior Nino Williams and rising sophomore Wesley Iwundu.
Bruce Weber’s 2014 recruiting class currently consists of junior college transfers Stephen Hurt and Neville Fincher and incoming freshman Tre Harris being the others. Kansas State will also add Georgetown transfer Brandon Bolden, a 6-foot-10 big who sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)