Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.
One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.
However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day.
Just got word from Mike Mullins, who is Malek Harris' AAU coach, that Harris will announce a college decision on Mother's Day.—
Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) April 24, 2014
If Harris were to commit to Kansas State, he’d be an important addition for the Wildcats. Kansas State lost Shane Southwell at the end of the 2013-14 season, and Harris will join a front court rotation that includes rising senior Nino Williams and rising sophomore Wesley Iwundu.
Bruce Weber’s 2014 recruiting class currently consists of junior college transfers Stephen Hurt and Neville Fincher and incoming freshman Tre Harris being the others. Kansas State will also add Georgetown transfer Brandon Bolden, a 6-foot-10 big who sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)