Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
LSU freshman forward Jordan Mickey announced on Wednesday afternoon that he will be returning Baton Rouge for his sophomore season.
Mickey was one of the best freshmen in the country for much of the season, averaging 12.7 points, 7.9 boards and 3.1 blocks, the latter of which was good for ninth nationally.
Mickey has a 7’1.5″ wingspan and is a terrific athlete, but as of right now he’s a shot blocker that stands a shade under 6-foot-8. He doesn’t have a jump shot and he doesn’t have a post move, which is not a good combination.
Mickey is projected as the No. 36 pick in the 2015 draft by Draft Express.
This news is huge for LSU, however, especially if Jarell Martin keeps his name out of the draft as well. The Tigers have already lost Johnny O’Bryant to the NBA this offseason, but with the rest of their roster intact, they have the pieces to put together a run to the NCAA tournament next season. Don’t be surprised to see them slotted right behind Kentucky and Florida as the third-best team in the conference in the preseason.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0