Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Shabazz Napier, star of the national champion UConn Huskies, threw out the first pitch at last night’s Red Sox game, and it turned out pretty well. I’m no baseball expert, but I’d say that’s a 50 mph two-seam fastball that caught a piece of the inside corner.
But here’s the problem: Shabazz just completed alienated half of the UConn fan base. Connecticut is split down the middle when it comes to New York teams and Boston teams, and the two sides don’t like each other all that much.
That said, he could probably still win if he ran for governor.
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 5
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)