Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Shabazz Napier, star of the national champion UConn Huskies, threw out the first pitch at last night’s Red Sox game, and it turned out pretty well. I’m no baseball expert, but I’d say that’s a 50 mph two-seam fastball that caught a piece of the inside corner.
But here’s the problem: Shabazz just completed alienated half of the UConn fan base. Connecticut is split down the middle when it comes to New York teams and Boston teams, and the two sides don’t like each other all that much.
That said, he could probably still win if he ran for governor.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)