Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
Shabazz Napier, star of the national champion UConn Huskies, threw out the first pitch at last night’s Red Sox game, and it turned out pretty well. I’m no baseball expert, but I’d say that’s a 50 mph two-seam fastball that caught a piece of the inside corner.
But here’s the problem: Shabazz just completed alienated half of the UConn fan base. Connecticut is split down the middle when it comes to New York teams and Boston teams, and the two sides don’t like each other all that much.
That said, he could probably still win if he ran for governor.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)