Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Shabazz Napier, star of the national champion UConn Huskies, threw out the first pitch at last night’s Red Sox game, and it turned out pretty well. I’m no baseball expert, but I’d say that’s a 50 mph two-seam fastball that caught a piece of the inside corner.
But here’s the problem: Shabazz just completed alienated half of the UConn fan base. Connecticut is split down the middle when it comes to New York teams and Boston teams, and the two sides don’t like each other all that much.
That said, he could probably still win if he ran for governor.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)