Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Less than a week after being introduced as the new head coach at Tulsa, Frank Haith has filled out his coaching staff and the trio certainly doesn’t lack for experience at the Division I level.
Dave Leitao, who was with Haith at Missouri, will be an assistant with Tom Abatemarco and Dennis Felton rounding out the staff. Combined this group has 27 seasons of head coaching experience, with both Leitao and Felton having last run their respective programs in 2009.
“I am excited to have this group of coaches on board with us at Tulsa,” Haith said in the release. “Combined, they bring a wealth of experience at both the collegiate and professional levels. They have coached at the highest levels of college basketball and will provide great knowledge and experiences to share with our players.”
This experienced quartet will look to lead the Golden Hurricane back to the NCAA tournament, but that task will be a bit more difficult now that the school is a member of the American Athletic Conference (that move becomes official July 1). Tulsa won a share of the Conference USA regular season title and beat Louisiana Tech in the conference tournament title game, going on to lose to UCLA in the Round of 64.
And outside of guards Tim Peete and Patrick Swilling Jr., Tulsa is expected to return most of the rotation that led the program to its first NCAA tournament appearance since 2003.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)