Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Less than a week after being introduced as the new head coach at Tulsa, Frank Haith has filled out his coaching staff and the trio certainly doesn’t lack for experience at the Division I level.
Dave Leitao, who was with Haith at Missouri, will be an assistant with Tom Abatemarco and Dennis Felton rounding out the staff. Combined this group has 27 seasons of head coaching experience, with both Leitao and Felton having last run their respective programs in 2009.
“I am excited to have this group of coaches on board with us at Tulsa,” Haith said in the release. “Combined, they bring a wealth of experience at both the collegiate and professional levels. They have coached at the highest levels of college basketball and will provide great knowledge and experiences to share with our players.”
This experienced quartet will look to lead the Golden Hurricane back to the NCAA tournament, but that task will be a bit more difficult now that the school is a member of the American Athletic Conference (that move becomes official July 1). Tulsa won a share of the Conference USA regular season title and beat Louisiana Tech in the conference tournament title game, going on to lose to UCLA in the Round of 64.
And outside of guards Tim Peete and Patrick Swilling Jr., Tulsa is expected to return most of the rotation that led the program to its first NCAA tournament appearance since 2003.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)