Apr 24, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
It’s official now, UConn center Amida Brimah will undergo surgery on his left shoulder to repair a torn labrum, the school announced on Friday, confirming a report from the New Haven Register on Thursday night.
Brimah will miss four-to-five months as he recovers from the procedure.
Brimah averaged 4.1 points, 3.0 boards and 2.3 blocks for the national title winners as a freshman, but he only managed about 16 minutes as he just wasn’t physically strong enough to handle some of the bigger post players in the American. Brimah is a seven-footer, but he weighs all of 217 pounds.
Hopefully, for UConn fans, this shoulder injury won’t limit Brimah’s ability to pack on the pasta.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)