Apr 24, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
Jabari Parker paid a visit to the Dan Patrick Show on Thursday morning, and his interview was fairly entertaining.
He made fun of Coach K’s tan and he called out the Knicks on the lack of a supporting cast that Carmelo Anthony has.
Where things got interesting is when Patrick pressed him on his thoughts on the NBA’s potential move to two-and-done and a 20 year old age limit.
“I think that’s ridiculous,” Parker said. “I think a lot of people can get enrolled in service for their country, but they don’t want to give them an opportunity to provide for themselves and go apply for a job in the NBA. I think that’s kind of ridiculous.”
And while Parker made a point of saying that college isn’t for everyone, he did say that having a one-and-done season was good for him, on and off the court.
“I needed a year in college,” he said.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)