Apr 24, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
It’s looking more and more likely that ex-Louisville Cardinal Chane Behanan will never suit up for Colorado State after all.
“My feeling is Chane is going to go pro, if he hasn’t already,” Colorado State head coach Eustachy told the Denver Post. “We talked about it. I have a feeling that’s going to happen in the next few days.
“Chane is a great kid. He’ll do fine in the NBA. From Day One, I thought this was a possibility. We took a shot.”
Earlier this week, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Chane Behanan had hired an agent and was planning on declaring for the NBA Draft.
Behanan was kicked off of the Louisville basketball team back in December. “Away from the lines, he just did not do the right things over and over and over,” Rick Pitino said at the time. Behanan, spending some time at John Lucas’ facility in Houston, committed to play at Colorado State for Larry Eustachy, who also spent time with Lucas to deal with substance abuse issues.
Behanan was cited for marijuana possession earlier this month.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)