Apr 24, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
It’s looking more and more likely that ex-Louisville Cardinal Chane Behanan will never suit up for Colorado State after all.
“My feeling is Chane is going to go pro, if he hasn’t already,” Colorado State head coach Eustachy told the Denver Post. “We talked about it. I have a feeling that’s going to happen in the next few days.
“Chane is a great kid. He’ll do fine in the NBA. From Day One, I thought this was a possibility. We took a shot.”
Earlier this week, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Chane Behanan had hired an agent and was planning on declaring for the NBA Draft.
Behanan was kicked off of the Louisville basketball team back in December. “Away from the lines, he just did not do the right things over and over and over,” Rick Pitino said at the time. Behanan, spending some time at John Lucas’ facility in Houston, committed to play at Colorado State for Larry Eustachy, who also spent time with Lucas to deal with substance abuse issues.
Behanan was cited for marijuana possession earlier this month.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)