Apr 24, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
It’s looking more and more likely that ex-Louisville Cardinal Chane Behanan will never suit up for Colorado State after all.
“My feeling is Chane is going to go pro, if he hasn’t already,” Colorado State head coach Eustachy told the Denver Post. “We talked about it. I have a feeling that’s going to happen in the next few days.
“Chane is a great kid. He’ll do fine in the NBA. From Day One, I thought this was a possibility. We took a shot.”
Earlier this week, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Chane Behanan had hired an agent and was planning on declaring for the NBA Draft.
Behanan was kicked off of the Louisville basketball team back in December. “Away from the lines, he just did not do the right things over and over and over,” Rick Pitino said at the time. Behanan, spending some time at John Lucas’ facility in Houston, committed to play at Colorado State for Larry Eustachy, who also spent time with Lucas to deal with substance abuse issues.
Behanan was cited for marijuana possession earlier this month.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)