Apr 24, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
It’s looking more and more likely that ex-Louisville Cardinal Chane Behanan will never suit up for Colorado State after all.
“My feeling is Chane is going to go pro, if he hasn’t already,” Colorado State head coach Eustachy told the Denver Post. “We talked about it. I have a feeling that’s going to happen in the next few days.
“Chane is a great kid. He’ll do fine in the NBA. From Day One, I thought this was a possibility. We took a shot.”
Earlier this week, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Chane Behanan had hired an agent and was planning on declaring for the NBA Draft.
Behanan was kicked off of the Louisville basketball team back in December. “Away from the lines, he just did not do the right things over and over and over,” Rick Pitino said at the time. Behanan, spending some time at John Lucas’ facility in Houston, committed to play at Colorado State for Larry Eustachy, who also spent time with Lucas to deal with substance abuse issues.
Behanan was cited for marijuana possession earlier this month.
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)