Apr 25, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
The 6-foot-8, 225-pound power forward from Luverne High School in Luverne, Alabama is the Crimson Tide’s second commitment in 2015 following the August commitment of Montgomery native and 6-foot-5 wing Brandon Austin from Carver High School.
Hall averaged 11.7 points, 10.1 rebounds and 6.7 blocks per game during his junior year of high school. Getting a shot blocker on board early never hurts and Alabama can focus on other areas now as they have a wing and a frontcourt player to build on.
According to Michael Casagrande of Alabama.com, Hall also had offers from UAB, Mississippi State and Troy and Auburn, Georgia and West Virginia all showed interest.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)