Apr 25, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Butler picked up a nice late addition on Friday as senior forward Jackson Davis committed to the Bulldogs, according to a release from the school.
The 6-foot-8 Davis averaged 24.6 points, 13.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game last season and capped his prep career as Lafayette High School’s all-time leader in all three categories.
“We are very excited about adding Jackson to our current recruiting class,” said Butler head coach Brandon Miller in the release. “He is a mobile, athletic forward with a skill set that continues to expand. He has rebounded at a very high level and he has continued to improve every year in high school due to his work ethic which will serve him well as he goes through the demands of college basketball.”
Davis was once verbally committed to Rice in October, but reopened his recruitment in February. The forward joins 6-foot-6 forward Kelan Martin and 6-foot-7 big man Tyler Wideman along with recent transfers in North Carolina State point guard Tyler Lewis and Indiana graduate transfer wing Austin Etherington.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)