Apr 25, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Butler picked up a nice late addition on Friday as senior forward Jackson Davis committed to the Bulldogs, according to a release from the school.
The 6-foot-8 Davis averaged 24.6 points, 13.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game last season and capped his prep career as Lafayette High School’s all-time leader in all three categories.
“We are very excited about adding Jackson to our current recruiting class,” said Butler head coach Brandon Miller in the release. “He is a mobile, athletic forward with a skill set that continues to expand. He has rebounded at a very high level and he has continued to improve every year in high school due to his work ethic which will serve him well as he goes through the demands of college basketball.”
Davis was once verbally committed to Rice in October, but reopened his recruitment in February. The forward joins 6-foot-6 forward Kelan Martin and 6-foot-7 big man Tyler Wideman along with recent transfers in North Carolina State point guard Tyler Lewis and Indiana graduate transfer wing Austin Etherington.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)