Apr 25, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Butler picked up a nice late addition on Friday as senior forward Jackson Davis committed to the Bulldogs, according to a release from the school.
The 6-foot-8 Davis averaged 24.6 points, 13.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game last season and capped his prep career as Lafayette High School’s all-time leader in all three categories.
“We are very excited about adding Jackson to our current recruiting class,” said Butler head coach Brandon Miller in the release. “He is a mobile, athletic forward with a skill set that continues to expand. He has rebounded at a very high level and he has continued to improve every year in high school due to his work ethic which will serve him well as he goes through the demands of college basketball.”
Davis was once verbally committed to Rice in October, but reopened his recruitment in February. The forward joins 6-foot-6 forward Kelan Martin and 6-foot-7 big man Tyler Wideman along with recent transfers in North Carolina State point guard Tyler Lewis and Indiana graduate transfer wing Austin Etherington.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)