Apr 25, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Butler picked up a nice late addition on Friday as senior forward Jackson Davis committed to the Bulldogs, according to a release from the school.
The 6-foot-8 Davis averaged 24.6 points, 13.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game last season and capped his prep career as Lafayette High School’s all-time leader in all three categories.
“We are very excited about adding Jackson to our current recruiting class,” said Butler head coach Brandon Miller in the release. “He is a mobile, athletic forward with a skill set that continues to expand. He has rebounded at a very high level and he has continued to improve every year in high school due to his work ethic which will serve him well as he goes through the demands of college basketball.”
Davis was once verbally committed to Rice in October, but reopened his recruitment in February. The forward joins 6-foot-6 forward Kelan Martin and 6-foot-7 big man Tyler Wideman along with recent transfers in North Carolina State point guard Tyler Lewis and Indiana graduate transfer wing Austin Etherington.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)