Apr 25, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
The case of Michigan big man Mitch McGary is one that has been debated in many circles on Friday, with a failed drug test during the NCAA tournament heavily influencing his decision to enter the 2014 NBA Draft. Per NCAA rules, which will change in August, testing positive means that the player will be suspended for an entire season and for many that punishment is excessive when considering the drug McGary tested positive for (marijuana).
Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix, hosting the “Dan Patrick Show” in place of Dan Patrick, offered up his thoughts on the situation.
Later in the show Mannix was joined by Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, who addressed the question of why a player who didn’t even play was being tested by the NCAA.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)