Apr 25, 2014, 11:53 AM EST
The case of Michigan big man Mitch McGary is one that has been debated in many circles on Friday, with a failed drug test during the NCAA tournament heavily influencing his decision to enter the 2014 NBA Draft. Per NCAA rules, which will change in August, testing positive means that the player will be suspended for an entire season and for many that punishment is excessive when considering the drug McGary tested positive for (marijuana).
Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix, hosting the “Dan Patrick Show” in place of Dan Patrick, offered up his thoughts on the situation.
Later in the show Mannix was joined by Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, who addressed the question of why a player who didn’t even play was being tested by the NCAA.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 3
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)