Apr 25, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Indiana didn’t enjoy the greatest amount of success in 2013-14, with the Hoosiers struggling to account for the departures of key players such as Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller from their Big Ten regular season champion squad. One of the players asked to lead the way this past season was point guard Yogi Ferrell, who averaged 17.2 points, 3.9 assists and 3.0 rebounds per game.
Ferrell will be asked to lead the way again in 2014-15, making this offseason an important one for the rising junior. Unfortunately for head coach Tom Crean, the offseason hasn’t gotten off to the best of starts for Ferrell.
Early Friday morning he and freshman Stanford Robinson were cited by the Indiana State Excise Police on charges of Minor Consumption of an Alcoholic Beverage and Possession of a False Identification according to Zach Osterman of the Indianapolis Star.
At approximately 1:00 am, Ferrell and Robinson allegedly attempted to enter Kilroy’s Sports Bar located at 319 North Walnut using false identifications. Indiana State Excise Police officers working inside the premise recognized the identifications to be false at that time.
Ferrell and Robinson were each issued summonses and released. The two will be required to appear in Monroe County Court on Sunday, April 27th at 8:30 am.
While there are certainly laws to be observed in regards to drinking, with the legal age being 21, college students are going to have their “adult” beverages from time to time. As for the alleged use of false identification, that’s another matter especially when considering the popularity of Indiana basketball (especially in Bloomington). People likely knew who they were.
As noted above, the two players will appear in court Sunday morning.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)