Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Monmouth added a significant transfer on Friday when former Providence forward Brice Kofane opted to commit to King Rice’s program. The 6-foot-8 Kofane is a junior who will be eligible right away after graduating from Providence after Kofane appeared in 21 games last season for the Friars.
Kofane took to Twitter to make his declaration to Monmouth:
With Monmouth struggling to an 11-21 finish last season, adding an experienced Big East player like Kofane should really help. Kofane only played 4.4 minutes per game in his junior season and should get more playing time with the Hawks.
Monmouth also returns two 6-foot-10 freshmen in Zac Tillman, who started all 32 games last season, and Chris Brady.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)