Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
Monmouth added a significant transfer on Friday when former Providence forward Brice Kofane opted to commit to King Rice’s program. The 6-foot-8 Kofane is a junior who will be eligible right away after graduating from Providence after Kofane appeared in 21 games last season for the Friars.
Kofane took to Twitter to make his declaration to Monmouth:
With Monmouth struggling to an 11-21 finish last season, adding an experienced Big East player like Kofane should really help. Kofane only played 4.4 minutes per game in his junior season and should get more playing time with the Hawks.
Monmouth also returns two 6-foot-10 freshmen in Zac Tillman, who started all 32 games last season, and Chris Brady.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)