Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Monmouth added a significant transfer on Friday when former Providence forward Brice Kofane opted to commit to King Rice’s program. The 6-foot-8 Kofane is a junior who will be eligible right away after graduating from Providence after Kofane appeared in 21 games last season for the Friars.
Kofane took to Twitter to make his declaration to Monmouth:
With Monmouth struggling to an 11-21 finish last season, adding an experienced Big East player like Kofane should really help. Kofane only played 4.4 minutes per game in his junior season and should get more playing time with the Hawks.
Monmouth also returns two 6-foot-10 freshmen in Zac Tillman, who started all 32 games last season, and Chris Brady.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)