Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
Monmouth added a significant transfer on Friday when former Providence forward Brice Kofane opted to commit to King Rice’s program. The 6-foot-8 Kofane is a junior who will be eligible right away after graduating from Providence after Kofane appeared in 21 games last season for the Friars.
Kofane took to Twitter to make his declaration to Monmouth:
With Monmouth struggling to an 11-21 finish last season, adding an experienced Big East player like Kofane should really help. Kofane only played 4.4 minutes per game in his junior season and should get more playing time with the Hawks.
Monmouth also returns two 6-foot-10 freshmen in Zac Tillman, who started all 32 games last season, and Chris Brady.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)