Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Monmouth added a significant transfer on Friday when former Providence forward Brice Kofane opted to commit to King Rice’s program. The 6-foot-8 Kofane is a junior who will be eligible right away after graduating from Providence after Kofane appeared in 21 games last season for the Friars.
Kofane took to Twitter to make his declaration to Monmouth:
With Monmouth struggling to an 11-21 finish last season, adding an experienced Big East player like Kofane should really help. Kofane only played 4.4 minutes per game in his junior season and should get more playing time with the Hawks.
Monmouth also returns two 6-foot-10 freshmen in Zac Tillman, who started all 32 games last season, and Chris Brady.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)