Apr 25, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
While the NCAA champion UConn Huskies lost junior wing DeAndre Daniels to the 2014 NBA Draft on Friday, they did retain an important piece as the school announced via Twitter that junior guard Ryan Boatright would return for his senior season.
The 6-foot Boatright averaged 12.1 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists in an up-and-down junior season for Kevin Ollie’s Huskies. Boatright stepped up his play in the NCAA Tournament, however, and is a much-improved defender on the perimeter as well. Boatright averaged 1.6 steals a game last season.
The junior shot 39 percent from the field, 37 percent from three-point range and 79 percent from the charity stripe. Ollie will likely have Boatright run point next season and put him alongside North Carolina State transfer and former McDonald’s All-American Rodney Purvis, or give freshman guard Terrence Samuel more minutes after some solid stretches of play during the season.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 1
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)