Apr 26, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Diamond Stone is the No. 3 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2015 class and the 6-foot-10 center from Milwaukee drew a lot of head coaches on Friday night in his first game with the Young Legends at the Jayhawk Invitational.
Stone is playing in the Under Armour Association and had Baylor coach Scott Drew, Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, Kansas head coach Bill Self, N.C. State head coach Mark Gottfried, SMU head coach Larry Brown and UConn head coach Kevin Ollie all watch his Friday night game according to Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi.
Stone also had assistant coaches from Duke, Kentucky and Michigan State.
The big man didn’t disappoint as he went for 36 points and 16 rebounds in a win for his team. Stone is a consensus top-five player in the class and will take a run at No. 1 this spring and summer.
(H/T: IA Elites)
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)