Apr 26, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Diamond Stone is the No. 3 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2015 class and the 6-foot-10 center from Milwaukee drew a lot of head coaches on Friday night in his first game with the Young Legends at the Jayhawk Invitational.
Stone is playing in the Under Armour Association and had Baylor coach Scott Drew, Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, Kansas head coach Bill Self, N.C. State head coach Mark Gottfried, SMU head coach Larry Brown and UConn head coach Kevin Ollie all watch his Friday night game according to Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi.
Stone also had assistant coaches from Duke, Kentucky and Michigan State.
The big man didn’t disappoint as he went for 36 points and 16 rebounds in a win for his team. Stone is a consensus top-five player in the class and will take a run at No. 1 this spring and summer.
(H/T: IA Elites)
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)