Apr 26, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Diamond Stone is the No. 3 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2015 class and the 6-foot-10 center from Milwaukee drew a lot of head coaches on Friday night in his first game with the Young Legends at the Jayhawk Invitational.
Stone is playing in the Under Armour Association and had Baylor coach Scott Drew, Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, Kansas head coach Bill Self, N.C. State head coach Mark Gottfried, SMU head coach Larry Brown and UConn head coach Kevin Ollie all watch his Friday night game according to Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi.
Stone also had assistant coaches from Duke, Kentucky and Michigan State.
The big man didn’t disappoint as he went for 36 points and 16 rebounds in a win for his team. Stone is a consensus top-five player in the class and will take a run at No. 1 this spring and summer.
(H/T: IA Elites)
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)