Apr 26, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Diamond Stone is the No. 3 prospect in Rivals.com’s 2015 class and the 6-foot-10 center from Milwaukee drew a lot of head coaches on Friday night in his first game with the Young Legends at the Jayhawk Invitational.
Stone is playing in the Under Armour Association and had Baylor coach Scott Drew, Georgetown head coach John Thompson III, Kansas head coach Bill Self, N.C. State head coach Mark Gottfried, SMU head coach Larry Brown and UConn head coach Kevin Ollie all watch his Friday night game according to Rivals.com’s Eric Bossi.
Stone also had assistant coaches from Duke, Kentucky and Michigan State.
The big man didn’t disappoint as he went for 36 points and 16 rebounds in a win for his team. Stone is a consensus top-five player in the class and will take a run at No. 1 this spring and summer.
(H/T: IA Elites)
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)