Apr 26, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
With Marcus Smart (NBA) and Markel Brown (graduation) not in the picture for Oklahoma State, the decision of forward Le’Bryan Nash was an important one for head coach Travis Ford. Should he return for his senior season, or forgo his final season of eligibility with the hopes of being selected in the 2014 NBA Draft?
One day before the NBA’s early entry deadline Nash made his decision, announcing via his Twitter account that he’ll return to Stillwater for his senior season.
Nash averaged 13.9 points and 5.5 rebounds per game in 2013-14, meaning that he’ll be the Cowboys’ leading returning scorer and second-leading rebounder (Kamari Murphy: 6.3 rpg). Nash is one of two double-digit scorers who will return to the program next season, with sharpshooting guard Phil Forte III (13.3 ppg) being the other.
The biggest question mark for Oklahoma State heading into the 2014-15 season is the point guard position, as they won’t have much experience at that spot. Jared Terrell has been released from his National Letter of Intent, and newcomers Jeff Newberry (JUCO) and Tyree Griffin (freshman) have yet to play a game in an Oklahoma State uniform.
But the good news is that Nash and Forte will be back, giving Ford two experienced options to run the offense through.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)