Apr 26, 2014, 9:43 PM EST
With Marcus Smart (NBA) and Markel Brown (graduation) not in the picture for Oklahoma State, the decision of forward Le’Bryan Nash was an important one for head coach Travis Ford. Should he return for his senior season, or forgo his final season of eligibility with the hopes of being selected in the 2014 NBA Draft?
One day before the NBA’s early entry deadline Nash made his decision, announcing via his Twitter account that he’ll return to Stillwater for his senior season.
Nash averaged 13.9 points and 5.5 rebounds per game in 2013-14, meaning that he’ll be the Cowboys’ leading returning scorer and second-leading rebounder (Kamari Murphy: 6.3 rpg). Nash is one of two double-digit scorers who will return to the program next season, with sharpshooting guard Phil Forte III (13.3 ppg) being the other.
The biggest question mark for Oklahoma State heading into the 2014-15 season is the point guard position, as they won’t have much experience at that spot. Jared Terrell has been released from his National Letter of Intent, and newcomers Jeff Newberry (JUCO) and Tyree Griffin (freshman) have yet to play a game in an Oklahoma State uniform.
But the good news is that Nash and Forte will be back, giving Ford two experienced options to run the offense through.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)