Apr 26, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
As the head coach at Wisconsin since 2001, Bo Ryan’s led the program to 321 wins and this past season the Final Four for the first time since 2000. With that being the case the school saw fit to reward the head coach with a contract extension, and on Saturday the school athletic board has approved that decision.
Ryan’s deal will now run through the 2018-19 season, and he stands to receive a $100,000 raise each year of the deal. Ryan, who according to the Associated Press made around $2.3 million in 2013-14, received a $60,000 bonus as a result of his leading the Badgers to the Final Four.
Wisconsin finished the 2013-14 season with a 30-8 record, falling to Kentucky in the national semifinals. And with Ben Brust being the lone departing starter, the expectation is that the Badgers will be a national title contender in 2014-15.
Frank Kaminsky, one of the nation’s most improved players, will be back as will forward Sam Dekker and guards Josh Gasser and Traevon Jackson. Wisconsin will also return multiple bench contributors (Nigel Hayes, Duje Dukan and Bronson Koenig), and incoming freshman Ethan Happ has received positive reviews for his play with Team USA at the Albert Schweitzer Games in Germany.
The United States team finished second in the event, falling to Italy in the title game, but Happ was named tournament MVP.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)