Apr 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Iowa freshman guard Peter Jok was arrested early on Saturday morning for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicating in Iowa City.
Jok, who was riding a moped, was stopped by police around 2:40 a.m. after making a turn from the wrong lane. Along with the infraction, Jok was also missing a safety flag and a cover over a tailight, according to the police report. His blood-alcohol level was .082. Jok turned 20 last month.
Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery is in a recruiting trip in California, and will wait until he arrives on campus to handle Jok’s arrest.
“When I return to Iowa City, and after being fully informed of the situation, we’ll deal with the facts at that time and operate in accordance with the rules and regulations of our student-athlete Code of Conduct,” McCaffery told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier.
The Hawkeyes were one of the deepest teams in the country last season with 10 players averaging more than 10 minutes per game. Jok averaged 9.4 minutes of action. With leading scorer Roy Devyn Marble exhausting his eligibility, it seemed fit that the 6-foot-6 Jok would absorb some of his play time.
Jok averaged 4.4 points per game as a freshman. He scored 10 points off 4-of-5 (2-of-3 from three) shooting in Iowa’s loss to Tennessee in the First Four of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)