Apr 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Iowa freshman guard Peter Jok was arrested early on Saturday morning for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicating in Iowa City.
Jok, who was riding a moped, was stopped by police around 2:40 a.m. after making a turn from the wrong lane. Along with the infraction, Jok was also missing a safety flag and a cover over a tailight, according to the police report. His blood-alcohol level was .082. Jok turned 20 last month.
Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery is in a recruiting trip in California, and will wait until he arrives on campus to handle Jok’s arrest.
“When I return to Iowa City, and after being fully informed of the situation, we’ll deal with the facts at that time and operate in accordance with the rules and regulations of our student-athlete Code of Conduct,” McCaffery told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier.
The Hawkeyes were one of the deepest teams in the country last season with 10 players averaging more than 10 minutes per game. Jok averaged 9.4 minutes of action. With leading scorer Roy Devyn Marble exhausting his eligibility, it seemed fit that the 6-foot-6 Jok would absorb some of his play time.
Jok averaged 4.4 points per game as a freshman. He scored 10 points off 4-of-5 (2-of-3 from three) shooting in Iowa’s loss to Tennessee in the First Four of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)