Apr 27, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
On Feb. 22, Syracuse lost to Duke with a controversial offensive foul called against C.J. Fair. At the time of the foul, Duke led the Orange 60-58 with 10.4 seconds remaining. Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim erupted following the charge call, and was immediately ejected.
Aside from Boeheim’s tantrum and language toward officials, one of the notable images from that sequence was Boeheim’s jacket flailing around his arms. That image inspired a series of Internet memes.
On Saturday night, that incident was revisited as part of the program’s annual Basket Ball, a gala that raises money for the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation, which “strives to enrich the lives of kids in need within our Central New York community, as well as, provide support for eliminating cancer through research and advocacy.” The jacket Boeheim wore during his ejection was auctioned off, being sold for a reported $14,000.
— Stacy Loeb, MD (@LoebStacy) April 26, 2014
The ejection ended with Duke securing a 66-60 win, which for Syracuse was its second loss in as many games. The previously 25-0 Orange would drop six of their last nine games, including a Round 0f 32 exit at the hands of Dayton in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1