Apr 27, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
On Feb. 22, Syracuse lost to Duke with a controversial offensive foul called against C.J. Fair. At the time of the foul, Duke led the Orange 60-58 with 10.4 seconds remaining. Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim erupted following the charge call, and was immediately ejected.
Aside from Boeheim’s tantrum and language toward officials, one of the notable images from that sequence was Boeheim’s jacket flailing around his arms. That image inspired a series of Internet memes.
On Saturday night, that incident was revisited as part of the program’s annual Basket Ball, a gala that raises money for the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation, which “strives to enrich the lives of kids in need within our Central New York community, as well as, provide support for eliminating cancer through research and advocacy.” The jacket Boeheim wore during his ejection was auctioned off, being sold for a reported $14,000.
— Stacy Loeb, MD (@LoebStacy) April 26, 2014
The ejection ended with Duke securing a 66-60 win, which for Syracuse was its second loss in as many games. The previously 25-0 Orange would drop six of their last nine games, including a Round 0f 32 exit at the hands of Dayton in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)