Apr 28, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
New Mexico landed a commitment from well-traveled junior college wing Jordan Goodman on Monday as the 6-foot-8 wing announced his commitment via Twitter. New Mexico confirmed Goodman signing his Letter of Intent via Twitter.
Goodman had been previously committed to Georgetown, Rutgers and Texas Tech in high school but opted to go the junior college route and had a good year at Harcum College (Pa.) in helping lead them to a NJCAA Division I Final Four appearance while scoring 18 points and grabbing five rebounds and 2.2 assists a night.
New Mexico is taking a risk on a guy that hasn’t been great on commitments in the past, but Goodman is a very talented wing that hovered in and out of the top 100 high school prospects in his class thanks to his smooth, overall game and athleticism and size on the wing.
Texas guard Xavier Adams and California forward Joe Furstinger signed national letters of intent in November for the Lobos while in April, New Mexico signed 6-foot-10 center J.J. N’Ganga of Northern Oklahoma College-Tonkawa.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)