Apr 28, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
New Mexico landed a commitment from well-traveled junior college wing Jordan Goodman on Monday as the 6-foot-8 wing announced his commitment via Twitter. New Mexico confirmed Goodman signing his Letter of Intent via Twitter.
Goodman had been previously committed to Georgetown, Rutgers and Texas Tech in high school but opted to go the junior college route and had a good year at Harcum College (Pa.) in helping lead them to a NJCAA Division I Final Four appearance while scoring 18 points and grabbing five rebounds and 2.2 assists a night.
New Mexico is taking a risk on a guy that hasn’t been great on commitments in the past, but Goodman is a very talented wing that hovered in and out of the top 100 high school prospects in his class thanks to his smooth, overall game and athleticism and size on the wing.
Texas guard Xavier Adams and California forward Joe Furstinger signed national letters of intent in November for the Lobos while in April, New Mexico signed 6-foot-10 center J.J. N’Ganga of Northern Oklahoma College-Tonkawa.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)