Apr 28, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
New Mexico landed a commitment from well-traveled junior college wing Jordan Goodman on Monday as the 6-foot-8 wing announced his commitment via Twitter. New Mexico confirmed Goodman signing his Letter of Intent via Twitter.
Goodman had been previously committed to Georgetown, Rutgers and Texas Tech in high school but opted to go the junior college route and had a good year at Harcum College (Pa.) in helping lead them to a NJCAA Division I Final Four appearance while scoring 18 points and grabbing five rebounds and 2.2 assists a night.
New Mexico is taking a risk on a guy that hasn’t been great on commitments in the past, but Goodman is a very talented wing that hovered in and out of the top 100 high school prospects in his class thanks to his smooth, overall game and athleticism and size on the wing.
Texas guard Xavier Adams and California forward Joe Furstinger signed national letters of intent in November for the Lobos while in April, New Mexico signed 6-foot-10 center J.J. N’Ganga of Northern Oklahoma College-Tonkawa.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)