Apr 28, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
New Mexico landed a commitment from well-traveled junior college wing Jordan Goodman on Monday as the 6-foot-8 wing announced his commitment via Twitter. New Mexico confirmed Goodman signing his Letter of Intent via Twitter.
Goodman had been previously committed to Georgetown, Rutgers and Texas Tech in high school but opted to go the junior college route and had a good year at Harcum College (Pa.) in helping lead them to a NJCAA Division I Final Four appearance while scoring 18 points and grabbing five rebounds and 2.2 assists a night.
New Mexico is taking a risk on a guy that hasn’t been great on commitments in the past, but Goodman is a very talented wing that hovered in and out of the top 100 high school prospects in his class thanks to his smooth, overall game and athleticism and size on the wing.
Texas guard Xavier Adams and California forward Joe Furstinger signed national letters of intent in November for the Lobos while in April, New Mexico signed 6-foot-10 center J.J. N’Ganga of Northern Oklahoma College-Tonkawa.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)