Apr 28, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
New Mexico landed a commitment from well-traveled junior college wing Jordan Goodman on Monday as the 6-foot-8 wing announced his commitment via Twitter. New Mexico confirmed Goodman signing his Letter of Intent via Twitter.
Goodman had been previously committed to Georgetown, Rutgers and Texas Tech in high school but opted to go the junior college route and had a good year at Harcum College (Pa.) in helping lead them to a NJCAA Division I Final Four appearance while scoring 18 points and grabbing five rebounds and 2.2 assists a night.
New Mexico is taking a risk on a guy that hasn’t been great on commitments in the past, but Goodman is a very talented wing that hovered in and out of the top 100 high school prospects in his class thanks to his smooth, overall game and athleticism and size on the wing.
Texas guard Xavier Adams and California forward Joe Furstinger signed national letters of intent in November for the Lobos while in April, New Mexico signed 6-foot-10 center J.J. N’Ganga of Northern Oklahoma College-Tonkawa.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)