Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Malik Newman is currently the No. 1 player in the country according to Rivals.com. The 6-foot-3 scoring guard from Jackson, Mississippi had the jumper rolling this weekend when he took the floor for the Jayhawk Invitational with Mo Williams Elite.
When he wasn’t setting up teammate Terrance Ferguson on alley-oops, Newman scored the ball well in front of college coaches all weekend and will be one of the major competitiors for the No. 1 spot in the 2015 class along with Ivan Rabb and Diamond Stone.
(H/T: IA Elites)
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)