Apr 28, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Malik Newman is currently the No. 1 player in the country according to Rivals.com. The 6-foot-3 scoring guard from Jackson, Mississippi had the jumper rolling this weekend when he took the floor for the Jayhawk Invitational with Mo Williams Elite.
When he wasn’t setting up teammate Terrance Ferguson on alley-oops, Newman scored the ball well in front of college coaches all weekend and will be one of the major competitiors for the No. 1 spot in the 2015 class along with Ivan Rabb and Diamond Stone.
(H/T: IA Elites)
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 0
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)