Apr 28, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
Oklahoma State senior center Mason Cox only played 57 minutes during his three-year career as a walk-on for the Cowboys. But now the 6-foot-10 center might have found a new calling as Cox reportedly did well at an Australian Football League combine.
According to a story from the AFL’s Callum Twomey, Cox performed well at the three-day camp and was the tallest player in the history of the combine.
In front of recruiters from six AFL clubs who attended the three-day camp, Cox, 23, impressed with his speed and agility for a player his size, and his ability to handle the oval-shaped ball.
“He ran three seconds flat for the 20-metre sprint, and 11.59 minutes for the three-kilometre time trial,” said Kevin Sheehan, the AFL’s national talent manager.
“But it was more his skill overhead and his hands. He’s mobile, agile, and a good decision-maker. He was the absolute standout, no doubt.”
Cox has had an interesting sports career. He’s gone from soccer goalie in high school, to Brittney Griner imitator for the Oklahoma State women’s basketball team, to walk-on for the men’s basketball team.
It’s no surprise Cox is opening some eyes, because he seems to be a pretty good athlete at a number of different things for someone who is 6-foot-10.
The senior never made much of an impact on the basketball court at Oklahoma State, but maybe he’s found a new sport.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)