Apr 28, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
Oklahoma State senior center Mason Cox only played 57 minutes during his three-year career as a walk-on for the Cowboys. But now the 6-foot-10 center might have found a new calling as Cox reportedly did well at an Australian Football League combine.
According to a story from the AFL’s Callum Twomey, Cox performed well at the three-day camp and was the tallest player in the history of the combine.
In front of recruiters from six AFL clubs who attended the three-day camp, Cox, 23, impressed with his speed and agility for a player his size, and his ability to handle the oval-shaped ball.
“He ran three seconds flat for the 20-metre sprint, and 11.59 minutes for the three-kilometre time trial,” said Kevin Sheehan, the AFL’s national talent manager.
“But it was more his skill overhead and his hands. He’s mobile, agile, and a good decision-maker. He was the absolute standout, no doubt.”
Cox has had an interesting sports career. He’s gone from soccer goalie in high school, to Brittney Griner imitator for the Oklahoma State women’s basketball team, to walk-on for the men’s basketball team.
It’s no surprise Cox is opening some eyes, because he seems to be a pretty good athlete at a number of different things for someone who is 6-foot-10.
The senior never made much of an impact on the basketball court at Oklahoma State, but maybe he’s found a new sport.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)