Apr 28, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
Former Boston College guard Joe Rahon is headed back to the west coast, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com.
Rahon will have to sit out a season, but he will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015-2016. He averaged 9.0 points and 3.2 assists as a sophomore.
Rahon was part of what was a promising Eagle team last season, but a season that was expected to produce an NCAA tournament berth ended up with just eight wins. The Gaels had their own share of struggles last year, but Rahon should serve as an adequate replacement to Aaron Bright, the Stanford transfer that will be taking over for Stephen Holt, in the lead guard spot in 2015.
Rahon isn’t the only person leaving the Eagles after last season. Star big man Ryan Anderson transferred out of the program as well, and head coach Steve Donahue was fired. The good news for new head coach Jim Christian is that Olivier Hanlan, who was thought to be headed to the NBA at one point, eventually ended up returning to Boston College for next season.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 2
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)