Report: Michigan gets 2014 commitment from Aubrey Dawkins, son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins (VIDEO)
Apr 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Michigan added another player to its class on Monday as the Wolverines added a commitment from 6-foot-5 post-grad wing Aubrey Dawkins, the son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins. The news of Dawkins’ commitment was first reported by Flyer Hoops.
Dawkins is Michigan’s sixth commitment in the 2014 class and the wing spent his season at New Hampton Prep where he averaged 13 points per game after transferring from Palo Alto High School, where Dawkins put up 18 points a game. Dayton was also hard in pursuit of Dawkins before he selected Michigan.
Joining Dawkins in the class is Pennsylvania native Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman joins Portland native and wing Kameron Chatman, Sacramento native and forward D.J. Wilson, Florida native and center Ricky Doyle and wing Austin Hatch in Michigan’s 2014 recruiting class.
They’ll help offset the loss of sophomores Mitch McGary, Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and junior forward Jon Horford, who transferred to Florida.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)