Report: Michigan gets 2014 commitment from Aubrey Dawkins, son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins (VIDEO)
Apr 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Michigan added another player to its class on Monday as the Wolverines added a commitment from 6-foot-5 post-grad wing Aubrey Dawkins, the son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins. The news of Dawkins’ commitment was first reported by Flyer Hoops.
Dawkins is Michigan’s sixth commitment in the 2014 class and the wing spent his season at New Hampton Prep where he averaged 13 points per game after transferring from Palo Alto High School, where Dawkins put up 18 points a game. Dayton was also hard in pursuit of Dawkins before he selected Michigan.
Joining Dawkins in the class is Pennsylvania native Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman joins Portland native and wing Kameron Chatman, Sacramento native and forward D.J. Wilson, Florida native and center Ricky Doyle and wing Austin Hatch in Michigan’s 2014 recruiting class.
They’ll help offset the loss of sophomores Mitch McGary, Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and junior forward Jon Horford, who transferred to Florida.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)