Report: Michigan gets 2014 commitment from Aubrey Dawkins, son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins (VIDEO)
Apr 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Michigan added another player to its class on Monday as the Wolverines added a commitment from 6-foot-5 post-grad wing Aubrey Dawkins, the son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins. The news of Dawkins’ commitment was first reported by Flyer Hoops.
Dawkins is Michigan’s sixth commitment in the 2014 class and the wing spent his season at New Hampton Prep where he averaged 13 points per game after transferring from Palo Alto High School, where Dawkins put up 18 points a game. Dayton was also hard in pursuit of Dawkins before he selected Michigan.
Joining Dawkins in the class is Pennsylvania native Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman joins Portland native and wing Kameron Chatman, Sacramento native and forward D.J. Wilson, Florida native and center Ricky Doyle and wing Austin Hatch in Michigan’s 2014 recruiting class.
They’ll help offset the loss of sophomores Mitch McGary, Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and junior forward Jon Horford, who transferred to Florida.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)