Report: Michigan gets 2014 commitment from Aubrey Dawkins, son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins (VIDEO)
Apr 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Michigan added another player to its class on Monday as the Wolverines added a commitment from 6-foot-5 post-grad wing Aubrey Dawkins, the son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins. The news of Dawkins’ commitment was first reported by Flyer Hoops.
Dawkins is Michigan’s sixth commitment in the 2014 class and the wing spent his season at New Hampton Prep where he averaged 13 points per game after transferring from Palo Alto High School, where Dawkins put up 18 points a game. Dayton was also hard in pursuit of Dawkins before he selected Michigan.
Joining Dawkins in the class is Pennsylvania native Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman joins Portland native and wing Kameron Chatman, Sacramento native and forward D.J. Wilson, Florida native and center Ricky Doyle and wing Austin Hatch in Michigan’s 2014 recruiting class.
They’ll help offset the loss of sophomores Mitch McGary, Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and junior forward Jon Horford, who transferred to Florida.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)