Report: Michigan gets 2014 commitment from Aubrey Dawkins, son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins (VIDEO)
Apr 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Michigan added another player to its class on Monday as the Wolverines added a commitment from 6-foot-5 post-grad wing Aubrey Dawkins, the son of Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins. The news of Dawkins’ commitment was first reported by Flyer Hoops.
Dawkins is Michigan’s sixth commitment in the 2014 class and the wing spent his season at New Hampton Prep where he averaged 13 points per game after transferring from Palo Alto High School, where Dawkins put up 18 points a game. Dayton was also hard in pursuit of Dawkins before he selected Michigan.
Joining Dawkins in the class is Pennsylvania native Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman joins Portland native and wing Kameron Chatman, Sacramento native and forward D.J. Wilson, Florida native and center Ricky Doyle and wing Austin Hatch in Michigan’s 2014 recruiting class.
They’ll help offset the loss of sophomores Mitch McGary, Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and junior forward Jon Horford, who transferred to Florida.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)