Apr 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Rutgers picked up a commitment from 6-foot-5 senior wing Ryan Johnson on Monday as the shooter from New Christian Hope Academy in Thomasville, North Carolina picked the Scarlet Knights and head coach Eddie Jordan. The commitment was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
Johnson scored over 2,000 career points at New Christian Hope Academy and picked Rutgers over other finalists James Madison and UNC Wilmington according to Scout.com’s Sam Hellman.
Rutgers also owns commitments in the 2014 class from junior college guard Bishop Daniels, New York shooting guard Mike Williams, North Carolina big man Ibrahima Diallo and Virginia forward Dwayne Foreman.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)