Apr 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Rutgers picked up a commitment from 6-foot-5 senior wing Ryan Johnson on Monday as the shooter from New Christian Hope Academy in Thomasville, North Carolina picked the Scarlet Knights and head coach Eddie Jordan. The commitment was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
Johnson scored over 2,000 career points at New Christian Hope Academy and picked Rutgers over other finalists James Madison and UNC Wilmington according to Scout.com’s Sam Hellman.
Rutgers also owns commitments in the 2014 class from junior college guard Bishop Daniels, New York shooting guard Mike Williams, North Carolina big man Ibrahima Diallo and Virginia forward Dwayne Foreman.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)