Apr 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Rutgers picked up a commitment from 6-foot-5 senior wing Ryan Johnson on Monday as the shooter from New Christian Hope Academy in Thomasville, North Carolina picked the Scarlet Knights and head coach Eddie Jordan. The commitment was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
Johnson scored over 2,000 career points at New Christian Hope Academy and picked Rutgers over other finalists James Madison and UNC Wilmington according to Scout.com’s Sam Hellman.
Rutgers also owns commitments in the 2014 class from junior college guard Bishop Daniels, New York shooting guard Mike Williams, North Carolina big man Ibrahima Diallo and Virginia forward Dwayne Foreman.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 31
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (31)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)