Apr 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Rutgers picked up a commitment from 6-foot-5 senior wing Ryan Johnson on Monday as the shooter from New Christian Hope Academy in Thomasville, North Carolina picked the Scarlet Knights and head coach Eddie Jordan. The commitment was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
Johnson scored over 2,000 career points at New Christian Hope Academy and picked Rutgers over other finalists James Madison and UNC Wilmington according to Scout.com’s Sam Hellman.
Rutgers also owns commitments in the 2014 class from junior college guard Bishop Daniels, New York shooting guard Mike Williams, North Carolina big man Ibrahima Diallo and Virginia forward Dwayne Foreman.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)