Apr 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Rutgers picked up a commitment from 6-foot-5 senior wing Ryan Johnson on Monday as the shooter from New Christian Hope Academy in Thomasville, North Carolina picked the Scarlet Knights and head coach Eddie Jordan. The commitment was first reported by Jamie Shaw of Phenom Hoops Report.
Johnson scored over 2,000 career points at New Christian Hope Academy and picked Rutgers over other finalists James Madison and UNC Wilmington according to Scout.com’s Sam Hellman.
Rutgers also owns commitments in the 2014 class from junior college guard Bishop Daniels, New York shooting guard Mike Williams, North Carolina big man Ibrahima Diallo and Virginia forward Dwayne Foreman.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)