Apr 28, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
New Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall will have an uphill battle when it comes to recruiting as the new head coach has released all four of his 2014 prospects from their NLI after the AP confirmed the departure of 6-foot-8 forward CJ Turman on Monday.
Tennessee athletic department spokesman Tom Satkowiak confirmed Monday to the AP that Turman requested a release that was granted by Tyndall. Tyndall was officially hired as Tennessee’s new coach last Tuesday.
Turman joins forward Phil Cofer and guards Larry Austin Jr. and Jordan Cornish as having releases granted been granted from Tennessee. All four prospects had signed with Tennessee when Cuonzo Martin was still head coach.
Tennessee now has no recruiting class and lost Jarnell Stokes to the 2014 NBA Draft. Tyndall will have a lot of scholarships to work with to get started at Tennessee.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (8)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)