Apr 28, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
New Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall will have an uphill battle when it comes to recruiting as the new head coach has released all four of his 2014 prospects from their NLI after the AP confirmed the departure of 6-foot-8 forward CJ Turman on Monday.
Tennessee athletic department spokesman Tom Satkowiak confirmed Monday to the AP that Turman requested a release that was granted by Tyndall. Tyndall was officially hired as Tennessee’s new coach last Tuesday.
Turman joins forward Phil Cofer and guards Larry Austin Jr. and Jordan Cornish as having releases granted been granted from Tennessee. All four prospects had signed with Tennessee when Cuonzo Martin was still head coach.
Tennessee now has no recruiting class and lost Jarnell Stokes to the 2014 NBA Draft. Tyndall will have a lot of scholarships to work with to get started at Tennessee.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)