Apr 28, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
New Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall will have an uphill battle when it comes to recruiting as the new head coach has released all four of his 2014 prospects from their NLI after the AP confirmed the departure of 6-foot-8 forward CJ Turman on Monday.
Tennessee athletic department spokesman Tom Satkowiak confirmed Monday to the AP that Turman requested a release that was granted by Tyndall. Tyndall was officially hired as Tennessee’s new coach last Tuesday.
Turman joins forward Phil Cofer and guards Larry Austin Jr. and Jordan Cornish as having releases granted been granted from Tennessee. All four prospects had signed with Tennessee when Cuonzo Martin was still head coach.
Tennessee now has no recruiting class and lost Jarnell Stokes to the 2014 NBA Draft. Tyndall will have a lot of scholarships to work with to get started at Tennessee.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)