Apr 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
VCU freshman guard Jairus Lyles will transfer, the school announced on Monday. The 6-foot-2 guard out of DeMatha only played in 22 games and averaged 2.6 minutes per game during his freshman campaign.
Lyles struggled to find his shot during his freshman season as he went 2-for-20 for the season and 1-for-8 from the three-point line.
The Rams have so much depth returning at guard next season that Lyles would have had a tough time cracking the rotation for Shaka Smart’s team.
Treveon Graham, Briante Weber, and JeQuan Lewis all played significant minutes in the VCU backcourt and return next season and Lyles didn’t look very close to contributing in the Atlantic 10 based on the way he played last season.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)