Apr 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
VCU freshman guard Jairus Lyles will transfer, the school announced on Monday. The 6-foot-2 guard out of DeMatha only played in 22 games and averaged 2.6 minutes per game during his freshman campaign.
Lyles struggled to find his shot during his freshman season as he went 2-for-20 for the season and 1-for-8 from the three-point line.
The Rams have so much depth returning at guard next season that Lyles would have had a tough time cracking the rotation for Shaka Smart’s team.
Treveon Graham, Briante Weber, and JeQuan Lewis all played significant minutes in the VCU backcourt and return next season and Lyles didn’t look very close to contributing in the Atlantic 10 based on the way he played last season.
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 14
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)