Apr 28, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
VCU freshman guard Jairus Lyles will transfer, the school announced on Monday. The 6-foot-2 guard out of DeMatha only played in 22 games and averaged 2.6 minutes per game during his freshman campaign.
Lyles struggled to find his shot during his freshman season as he went 2-for-20 for the season and 1-for-8 from the three-point line.
The Rams have so much depth returning at guard next season that Lyles would have had a tough time cracking the rotation for Shaka Smart’s team.
Treveon Graham, Briante Weber, and JeQuan Lewis all played significant minutes in the VCU backcourt and return next season and Lyles didn’t look very close to contributing in the Atlantic 10 based on the way he played last season.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1